IGNORED

The Tuss

T3551ER

That it flew under the radar is actually brilliant imo

That he recorded maybe his best work under an obscure alias is fucking genius and totally in line with the trolling 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 2:30 AM, Berk said:

That it flew under the radar is actually brilliant imo

That he recorded maybe his best work under an obscure alias is fucking genius and totally in line with the trolling 

I literally think my favorite RDJ material is the Rushup Edge EP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Brain 1

14 hours ago, Pirtek said:

I'm so gutted I only bought Confederation Trough on vinyl and not Rushup Edge as well! 😭

He briefly stocked like 10 in his online store some years ago and I got one. It’s still sealed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, o00o said:

He briefly stocked like 10 in his online store some years ago and I got one. It’s still sealed 

Still sealed??!! Jeez, it wouldn't be if I'd have gotten one. I'd be playing on a regular basis! 🤣

12 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

Still sealed??!! Jeez, it wouldn't be if I'd have gotten one. I'd be playing on a regular basis! 🤣

I got the lossless files so it was ok but my analord vinyl on the other hand… 

4 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

same here

except for the sealed bit

i've rinsed that old boy to DEATH

Same here too, so thats 3 of them accounted for haha

I still need to track down a copy of Confederation Trough.

• Like 1

I know it'll never happen, but it would be great if Warp would repress his Tuss work. I mean they did repress Squarepusher's Rephlex album.

Like a lot have said, this is some of his best work and still sounds fresh to me. Can you imagine collecting all of it together as a special album (all original ten tracks that is). Man, that would be amazing!! (I can dream)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 7:53 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The fact that The Tuss completely flew under the radar of the music press was a tragedy. Maybe Richard didn’t care at that point.

p sure he cared & it was intentional tragedy ((::  iJsut🧡 the anti-marketing, anti-hype, f da system/music industry, mystery school of rephlexology; a similar eg. being the drukqs 2 track promo ep : total focus on music & pressing alone - "music for those who know" to quote underground resistance, who aslo released work in such manner, eg.their waveform ep from 1991

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eye said:

Then anything ‘Aphex Twin’ plus Warp seems to have strayed quite far from the anti-marketing, anti-hype ideology by now 

Seemed to be in the air at the time. Radiohead doing the tent tour with no logos, Naomi Klein etc... 

Probably not an influence on Richard per se but seemed to be the thing at the time.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:30 AM, Pirtek said:

I know it'll never happen, but it would be great if Warp would repress his Tuss work. I mean they did repress Squarepusher's Rephlex album.

Like a lot have said, this is some of his best work and still sounds fresh to me. Can you imagine collecting all of it together as a special album (all original ten tracks that is). Man, that would be amazing!! (I can dream)

I highly doubt that any of the Rephlex material afx did will ever be released on warp. Its the whole point releasing it under his afx alias separated from the aphex twin oeuvre

• Sad 1