IGNORED

Autechre mixlr active again!

modey

Yeah thanks for the records, been enjoying them! They are AM in my timezone, I only really catch the start and end and sleep through the rest of it.

bull wallet 

i wash my hands
i touch you ass
what else to say 
twelve hours of play
twelve hours of play

— arthur schopenhauer

Edited by xox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 6

Yes it have been some very good streams, so cool Sean is doing this!

It's also reassuring to know Sean is concerned about us all, adding those timely hand-washing reminders here and there. 

I'm also glad to learn that Sean loved making own levels in timesplitters 2 back in the days, and is currently playing Samus Returns on ds. It's good trivia to know. We have the same taste in games.

thx Sean

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sigESANg11 said:

Today's set has been fucking brilliant! Pls someone tell me they recorded this one and is willing to share it here?!?!? - Thanks in advance, and thanks AE for always delivering!

this is the full session apparently:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/30622df5aafe9a01eb5af2393f14dcdd20200325234232/a9b14b

and yeah that was a particularly good one, all that eighties synth ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

about Gescom 

idk if more gescom

most of it (skul snap) was just cos mates were over and we'd do tracks with/for them

but most of them have gear now and do trax anyway

i do mean to do more stuff with daz at some point i enjoy working w/him

- See rob hall much Sean?

not seen rob for a bit

-Sean what was the (I think) El-P instrumental you played yesterday evening with the Eno sample? Bugging the sh*t outta me - thought it was Atmosphere

@tony yo, that el-p thing is a remix of ko-wreck technique

tbh not seen rob b in person for months either but we work/chat constantly

remember when locust used to wear leather pants

he would have been a cool 80s artist

- what kind of revamping did you do to your system this past year?

ugh fucking loads of revamping

did the live stuff first gave it twice as many channels and then spent ages making it run ok

then ported a chunk of the new stuff to m4l to see if we could get that going somehow

it's shit because we can't use any of the sequencing in live but we can record and mix in it

so have been making different sequencers more based on strict hierarchies and tress than the sort of feedback we oblivion we can do in realtime

yeah because once you record some audio/data you can't send anything to it so it becomes a 'master' of sorts or a common source for other shit

yeah none of it is NTS [roportions really it;s all a lot more manageable sort of

- so you're hosting your Max stuff in Live as M4L devices but mainly using Live for recording and mixing, then? and you switched over after NTS?

yeah

so you guys have clearly asked 'what can we do' but have you ever asked, 'but should we'

only for recording though , the live stuff is just max

- how do you record it? do you have to still master some diff bits, or does it just come out of your patch ready freshhhh?

he rig is different since 2017 but since then we optimised the shit out of it and then built loads of new toys

then ported some of that to m4l etc

ut only because i kept getting rmx requests and no real way of doing them

so i thought ok i have to make my shit play nice with m4l

live stuff since 2014 has been 100% max

still is

new stuff also

- no idea max was that stable

it's not that stable lol

i mean our rig is good *right now*

2010 tour was nord rack 2x and a nord g2 and the sequencing was max (midi)

idk what territory i am in rn tbh the latest stuff is all weird and the new stuff is also weird lol

- i'm very very keen for the onesix live sets - seems like a ton of work if they created all this manually

it's not that much work

was just a matter of listening to them all properly to work out which worked

tbh we only have loads of jams because i record everything

it;s only a couple of hours of stuff a day really

people see a big number like that and think wow but it's just drives are cheap and why not, there are sometimes really cool moments it;s good to catch them

we always use dot have a dat on hand to capture stuff but the always on thing really kicked in when we started working on realtime stuff

- so u and Rob are syncing all your jams only over the web nowadays?

lolno we share the patches and use 2 computers

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Burger 5

Thx for the chat snippets.. little insights 4 tha fans

I've been listening in whenever working, but obvs missing some as they're on a different time zone. It's already been going almost 2hrs today!

Yesterday's session was great, I jotted down plenty of interesting tunes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draft78 said:

about Gescom 

idk if more gescom

most of it (skul snap) was just cos mates were over and we'd do tracks with/for them

but most of them have gear now and do trax anyway

i do mean to do more stuff with daz at some point i enjoy working w/him

- See rob hall much Sean?

not seen rob for a bit

-Sean what was the (I think) El-P instrumental you played yesterday evening with the Eno sample? Bugging the sh*t outta me - thought it was Atmosphere

@tony yo, that el-p thing is a remix of ko-wreck technique

tbh not seen rob b in person for months either but we work/chat constantly

remember when locust used to wear leather pants

he would have been a cool 80s artist

- what kind of revamping did you do to your system this past year?

ugh fucking loads of revamping

did the live stuff first gave it twice as many channels and then spent ages making it run ok

then ported a chunk of the new stuff to m4l to see if we could get that going somehow

it's shit because we can't use any of the sequencing in live but we can record and mix in it

so have been making different sequencers more based on strict hierarchies and tress than the sort of feedback we oblivion we can do in realtime

yeah because once you record some audio/data you can't send anything to it so it becomes a 'master' of sorts or a common source for other shit

yeah none of it is NTS [roportions really it;s all a lot more manageable sort of

- so you're hosting your Max stuff in Live as M4L devices but mainly using Live for recording and mixing, then? and you switched over after NTS?

yeah

so you guys have clearly asked 'what can we do' but have you ever asked, 'but should we'

only for recording though , the live stuff is just max

- how do you record it? do you have to still master some diff bits, or does it just come out of your patch ready freshhhh?

he rig is different since 2017 but since then we optimised the shit out of it and then built loads of new toys

then ported some of that to m4l etc

ut only because i kept getting rmx requests and no real way of doing them

so i thought ok i have to make my shit play nice with m4l

live stuff since 2014 has been 100% max

still is

new stuff also

- no idea max was that stable

it's not that stable lol

i mean our rig is good *right now*

2010 tour was nord rack 2x and a nord g2 and the sequencing was max (midi)

idk what territory i am in rn tbh the latest stuff is all weird and the new stuff is also weird lol

- i'm very very keen for the onesix live sets - seems like a ton of work if they created all this manually

it's not that much work

was just a matter of listening to them all properly to work out which worked

tbh we only have loads of jams because i record everything

it;s only a couple of hours of stuff a day really

people see a big number like that and think wow but it's just drives are cheap and why not, there are sometimes really cool moments it;s good to catch them

we always use dot have a dat on hand to capture stuff but the always on thing really kicked in when we started working on realtime stuff

- so u and Rob are syncing all your jams only over the web nowadays?

lolno we share the patches and use 2 computers

Where was this chat?

30 minutes ago, xox said:

It’s time for AAA2

Works best if you have no wife/girlfriend. Or girlfriend not at home. Was the case for me on AAA1. I was so lucky.

Need to collect moar energy first, because on AAA I'm constantly screaming and throwing pants anywhere. Also, a release happening like @NTS, remarkable fun, sean pls 

18 minutes ago, Wurstwasser said:

Works best if you have no wife/girlfriend. Or girlfriend not at home. Was the case for me on AAA1. I was so lucky.

Need to collect moar energy first, because on AAA I'm constantly screaming and throwing pants anywhere. Also, a release happening like @NTS, remarkable fun, sean pls 

well we're doing it anyway :cisfor: