IGNORED

Autechre mixlr active again!

modey

10 hours ago, Draft78 said:

about Gescom 

idk if more gescom

most of it (skul snap) was just cos mates were over and we'd do tracks with/for them

but most of them have gear now and do trax anyway

i do mean to do more stuff with daz at some point i enjoy working w/him

- See rob hall much Sean?

not seen rob for a bit

-Sean what was the (I think) El-P instrumental you played yesterday evening with the Eno sample? Bugging the sh*t outta me - thought it was Atmosphere

@tony yo, that el-p thing is a remix of ko-wreck technique

tbh not seen rob b in person for months either but we work/chat constantly

remember when locust used to wear leather pants

he would have been a cool 80s artist

- what kind of revamping did you do to your system this past year?

ugh fucking loads of revamping

did the live stuff first gave it twice as many channels and then spent ages making it run ok

then ported a chunk of the new stuff to m4l to see if we could get that going somehow

it's shit because we can't use any of the sequencing in live but we can record and mix in it

so have been making different sequencers more based on strict hierarchies and tress than the sort of feedback we oblivion we can do in realtime

yeah because once you record some audio/data you can't send anything to it so it becomes a 'master' of sorts or a common source for other shit

yeah none of it is NTS [roportions really it;s all a lot more manageable sort of

- so you're hosting your Max stuff in Live as M4L devices but mainly using Live for recording and mixing, then? and you switched over after NTS?

yeah

so you guys have clearly asked 'what can we do' but have you ever asked, 'but should we'

only for recording though , the live stuff is just max

- how do you record it? do you have to still master some diff bits, or does it just come out of your patch ready freshhhh?

he rig is different since 2017 but since then we optimised the shit out of it and then built loads of new toys

then ported some of that to m4l etc

ut only because i kept getting rmx requests and no real way of doing them

so i thought ok i have to make my shit play nice with m4l

live stuff since 2014 has been 100% max

still is

new stuff also

- no idea max was that stable

it's not that stable lol

i mean our rig is good *right now*

2010 tour was nord rack 2x and a nord g2 and the sequencing was max (midi)

idk what territory i am in rn tbh the latest stuff is all weird and the new stuff is also weird lol

- i'm very very keen for the onesix live sets - seems like a ton of work if they created all this manually

it's not that much work

was just a matter of listening to them all properly to work out which worked

tbh we only have loads of jams because i record everything

it;s only a couple of hours of stuff a day really

people see a big number like that and think wow but it's just drives are cheap and why not, there are sometimes really cool moments it;s good to catch them

we always use dot have a dat on hand to capture stuff but the always on thing really kicked in when we started working on realtime stuff

- so u and Rob are syncing all your jams only over the web nowadays?

lolno we share the patches and use 2 computers

Cool info!

I wonder when Richard Devine is going to come in here and report it to residentadvisor in a bout of stolen glory.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yeah he sure loves to steal things from here and take credit for them. bleep store easter eggs etc

Sure he's a nice lad but just give credit where it's due. A+Student Syndrome maybe. ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

The Rob Schneider of Schematic Records

4 minutes ago, perunamuussi said:

yeah fuck that guy reposting my screenshot. who the fuck is he anyway ? 

Did he actually repost a screenshot of yours? I missed this bit

3 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

The Rob Schneider of Schematic Records

Did he actually repost a screenshot of yours? I missed this bit

i took the one from the mixlr chat about the new albums and stuff and posted it on twitter just being excited and sharing.. shouting from the rooftops.  

• Like 1

Richard Devine is allright in my book, even if he is a no good screenshot thief.

• Like 1

just want to hop in and say that it seems like richard devine is a super nice guy and also extremely talented, though he does seem a little goofy and every interview hes ever done has been the same interview. i think he deserves respect though, there are not a lot of people who've mastered the modular stuff the way he has.

3 hours ago, perunamuussi said:

Can't believe we got to hear Autechre"s singing voice earlier

Well at least we know their violvoic. 

Ric*ard Devine, umh no no no pls. "oooh ohhh, let's add some preset marketing to our crappy vst plugin, there's this guy with that stolen name, that hero of 2 or 3 idm basement dwellers, he is one who can create super useless presets" - "but well, there's already useless Glitchmachines presets in there" - "whatever... he WILL do it. steal their uselessness levels and elevate them to new heights, he steals the randomness, screenshots, names of better idm artists, there IS Even a song indicating that he not only stole that artists name, but also his soul - beware - resistance is futile" .

Edited by Guest

tbh we only have loads of jams because i record everything

it;s only a couple of hours of stuff a day really

people see a big number like that and think wow but it's just drives are cheap and why not, there are sometimes really cool moments it;s good to catch them

I do not know if I like this. Well at least I wish for more composed albums. Not the release of years of jams. He may just refer to the use of cool moments. 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Wurstwasser said:

Guys, still in need of the track name at 7h 19m here in the wetransfer mp3 file.

Awww, my awesome brain and my guts. First I thought it's F.U.S.E (just got reminded again how good Substance Abuse is), or Speedy J, then S'express appeared in my mind. YAY! It is:

Edited by Guest