IGNORED

What kind of Home Audio setup do you have.

Banffspring72

Looks like a bunch of McIntosh amps, one device alone can set you back heftily, that lineup is ludicrous... Does the owner switch depending on the type of music? Haven't seen the star wars droid speakers before, they look better than the Avantgarde horns every other rich guy set touts.

Speakers look like B&W 800Ds. Joke image or brag thread, have to be pretty dedicated and loaded/indebted to top that.

36 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

I'm curious as why one would need multiple amps for a stereo set up.

Was wondering the same thing - How many inputs are actually being used to require so many amps ?!

Some of them are monoblocks like the MC75 tube amps on top, so it's one amp per channel... As for the rest, from what I've seen of Hifi communities, buying this stuff eventually spirals into clinical levels of GAS. Some of them might be DACs and preamps, it's hard to tell but McIntosh gear has those blue VU meters. This looks like a million dollar example of GAS, a single amp on there could easily go for upwards of 10.000 euros...

• Joyrex changed the title to What kind of Home Audio setup do you have.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 3:25 PM, Banffspring72 said:

CameraZOOM-20180408100839229.jpg

Is that the hoover Joey Beltram used for the Mentasm sound?

On 10/13/2019 at 7:56 PM, auxien said:

Whatever happened to StephenG?

Bunch of trash that I got free or cheap because nobody wanted it, that's now desirable vintage gear.

Technics SP-15 turntable, Technics SA-700 reciever (my backup from college, because the Scott 299c tube amp I was using needs some service and I don't want to spend the money), AR 2ax speakers.  I've got an OK CD player and cassette deck but I don't have them hooked up because I don't listen to cassettes or CDs.  Tascam 122 cassette deck hooked up to the computer for when I need to mess with cassettes.

Total cost for everything was $70, not counting styluses and tubes.

I just have a studio setup right now for listening. Homemade monitors, Sony receiver, old ass Mackie 1202VLZ. Going to upgrade to a digital mixer at some point.

Someone who lived in my house ages ago left a couple speakers and one of those CD/tape player combos. Going to set that up eventually, but trying to figure out where to put it.

1 hour ago, T3551ER said:

Rabbit hole. Was thinking the speakers in OP looked like dalek's and of course "dalek" + "speaker" = 

I'm not sure what they are, but I know Curtis Roads has the same speakers

They're also on the cover of his latest textbook

spacer.png

Edit:  I searched "audiophile speakers" and those were the first result.  Apparently they're Bowers & Wilkins 800 Diamond speakers.  You can pick up a pair for as low as $31,000.00.

Archived