acid1

acid1 Tracks

Figured I would start my own thread.

As a new father, my time is extremely limited and most of my "experiments" are reduced to occasional modular noodling while working from home.

First track is a jungle tune I made the other week.

• Like 1

Love the chorus of this. Really nice man. Feeling those pads. Wasn't so keen on the middle bit but the pads yep defo my thing.

• Like 1

hectic!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 11:08 AM, acid1 said:

Figured I would start my own thread.

As a new father, my time is extremely limited and most of my "experiments" are reduced to occasional modular noodling while working from home.

First track is a jungle tune I made the other week.

loved this. chaotic but tuneful. i'm also a dad, though not a super new one, and yeah man, it's impossible to make time for hobbies. you're best bet is try to get them into it by having them mess with your equipment and dancing. my girls occasionally request "crazy music" which is basically anything off of Drukqs, and they run around like crazies. i'll be sure to play them this one 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cooliofranco said:

loved this. chaotic but tuneful. i'm also a dad, though not a super new one, and yeah man, it's impossible to make time for hobbies. you're best bet is try to get them into it by having them mess with your equipment and dancing. my girls occasionally request "crazy music" which is basically anything off of Drukqs, and they run around like crazies. i'll be sure to play them this one 🙂

Thanks, man! My daughter is still in the newborn state, so I basically sneak sessions in when she's sleeping. Being sleep deprived certainly makes things trickier.

TBH, if I ever got to your state as you described I'd feel like I was a successful father. You should be super proud, cheers! #dadgoals

Eurorack drill/jungle/dnb stuffs

Mostly Eloquencer, 1010 Bitbox, Clouds, Dixie2, Belgrad, Erbeverb, Kickall, and 2hp Brst

good work there! i use eloquencer too.

nice work on the drum programming and very nice pads and bleepy bits. The sound in general is a bit squashed up which maybe you are going for, but i think if you turned everything down - leave more headroom - and work on the mix more, and then run it through a mastering plugin, it could sound better. but i get it that you are working with a big time limitation, which means you got a lot done in the time you had. well done.

• Like 1

Damn! Love when that human voice starts coming in around 1:52. Drums are crazy. DnB is not really my cup of tea, but you got serious skills programming drums. I enjoyed the melodies/counterpoint, especially in the intro before the drums come in. I felt like it was kind of squashed too dynammically, but it seems appropriate for the song and genre. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much!

I agree with the squashiness. Mixing/mastering is my least favorite part of the process. If I throw these together into an ep/lp eventually I will most likely re-address the mix.

Hi acid1, I really liked your first track especially the final part when the breaks start being cleaner and the melodic pads come in. Keep up the good work !

• Like 1

I really like your sound, I feel the energy, I think its quality, please send more 🙂