Nebraska

QEApU3M.png

Artist: Jon Brooks
Title: Emotional Freedom Techniques
Released: 1st November 2019
Label: Café Kaput Cat. No: KAP010
Format: Digital Download
Distributor: cafekaput.bandcamp.com

Emotional Freedom Techniques finds Jon Brooks (Ghost Box Records, The Advisory Circle, The Pattern Forms) in reflective mode, through his own Café Kaput imprint - this being the tenth release on the label, since its’ inception in 2010. With heavily-effected ambient textures, Brooks weaves a delicately emotional structure, exploring process and experiment. Sometimes intense and harmonically rich, at other times delicate and reductive, each sound is considered and placed with an emphasis of fulfilling a particular role, bringing to mind an emotion, or location.

Includes sleeve art (front and rear covers) by Rhiannon Bigham.

1. Alluvial
2. Plexita
3. Cyclicia
4. Vection
5. Merellyn
6. Allele

All tracks composed and produced by Jon Brooks.

He's always waxing philosophically about psychogeography walking in UK on social media, which seems to be a thing now.  With countrysides that beautiful, who can blame em?  Love the field recordings influenced stuff he's doing now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 6:42 PM, Nebraska said:

thanks for reminding me this was dropping today. might check it out but 1 preview song didn't exactly sell on the record

He always does that. Previews one song and doesn't offer the albums anywhere else except Bandcamp. I used to buy everything of his but I can't afford to blind-buy nowadays.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:32 AM, fumi said:

He always does that. Previews one song and doesn't offer the albums anywhere else except Bandcamp. I used to buy everything of his but I can't afford to blind-buy nowadays.

Yeah, or back in the day it was even more extravagant, e.g., you'd have to buy a whole carefully-packaged abnormally priced vinyl before hearing much if anything.

I used to be a big supporter of his, but there were a few such blind purchases that left me a little frustrated.

Fumi I remember you from some old threads on him, iirc often you started them, and i'm a little sad you feel the same way as me, though also feel a little more comfortable continuing this way now (lol).

I like the first track of this release but it's annoying i can't find the whole album even on spotify?

to anyone who purchase the whole release: how is it?

yeah i checked it out, and unfortunately it's not for me. i'm not really into ambient music and even when i am, i usually just pick up the older stuff from the 70s or 80s. maybe it's just me, but i usually prefer ambient music that sounds a little more organic (like it's being made using actual instruments + modular synths) rather than entirely programmed. 

also doesn't help that i got l'univers de la mer just before checking this out so that didn't exactly make it stand out either 

Archived