IGNORED

Alva Noto & Anne-James Chaton — ALPHABET (15 November 2019)

someguy

In other news, more Alva Noto.

Tracklist, info (including 3 live tour dates), and a single can be found at this friendly RA link: https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/44625

On mobile, too lazy to copypaste it all out. Whatever. Cool!

Also this is coming out on the same day as the other recently announced Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto album. Damn.

So Anne-James Chaton is still rinsing this number and letter thing eh? Bizarre. I love his credit card number track on Unitxt and Uni Acronym is brilliant but I don't understand how he's not sick of this by now.

6 hours ago, Blir said:

So Anne-James Chaton is still rinsing this number and letter thing eh? Bizarre. I love his credit card number track on Unitxt and Uni Acronym is brilliant but I don't understand how he's not sick of this by now.

I can understand the feeling... I love his serialist poetry, the way he parcels down language to atoms, but I’m talking books here. Something like Décade feels like a unnerving thriller from the point of view of the all-seeing algorithms ad-tracking the characters, too zoomed in to paint a human-scale picture of the drama. But I’m in the mood to listen to it, as a music album and not a performance about data trails, about once a year.

(I’m doubt I’m in the majority thinking best Noto is the hanged-mobile orbits of Aleph 1).

11 hours ago, Squee said:

Oh no.

The single is pretty good. The instrumental sounds like Prototypes-era Alva Noto but with the attention to detail that's present in his more recent work. Love it.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

totally missed this! i like it alot ❤️

it's pretty good, along with the new live album with ryuichi sakamoto

oh by the way, in other news (unrelated to ALPHABET but related to alva noto): 

17 hours ago, someguy said:

it's pretty good, along with the new live album with ryuichi sakamoto

oh by the way, in other news (unrelated to ALPHABET but related to alva noto): 

OMG OMG OMG ! ?

Archived