IGNORED

opholus - despair

mirror

Sweet track, really like the way you used delay and the melody that kicks in around 1:24, it slightly relieves the dissonance from earlier in a nice way. I kind of wanted more of those synthesized tom fills, and thought that the melody that comes in at the 00:24 mark was a touch loud, kind of hindered the way you built things up after that (which I also liked a lot). Anyways, cool music. 

kind of reminds me a little bit of Amber (ae album), especially at 45s... good work. think you have an interesting approach, strong melodies. some ideas for improvment: you could do a bit more subtle modulation on the lead sound. there's a nice build up to the change at 1.24, but after that you lost me with the following section. One idea to try might be to keep the same bass line / chord progression as in the previous section but have a new melody over it there. The new section after 1.24 is too different imo and loses the thread of the piece. That's what it sounds like to me anyway. And the snares that come in around 2.06 need more work or try a different snare.

4 hours ago, Drum Up said:

Sweet track, really like the way you used delay and the melody that kicks in around 1:24, it slightly relieves the dissonance from earlier in a nice way. I kind of wanted more of those synthesized tom fills, and thought that the melody that comes in at the 00:24 mark was a touch loud, kind of hindered the way you built things up after that (which I also liked a lot). Anyways, cool music. 

ah thank you thank you, im so relieved that someone likes it
i wanted it to sound v sharp, almost irritating but yea maybe i overdid it with the loudness at some parts 

2 hours ago, zoid said:

kind of reminds me a little bit of Amber (ae album), especially at 45s... good work. think you have an interesting approach, strong melodies. some ideas for improvment: you could do a bit more subtle modulation on the lead sound. there's a nice build up to the change at 1.24, but after that you lost me with the following section. One idea to try might be to keep the same bass line / chord progression as in the previous section but have a new melody over it there. The new section after 1.24 is too different imo and loses the thread of the piece. That's what it sounds like to me anyway. And the snares that come in around 2.06 need more work or try a different snare.

thanks for the feedback man, i appreciate it a lot. idk if i'll make more changes at this point but i'll def keep in mind your suggestions.
also amber is one of my fave albums of theirs (early ae in general) so im happy to hear it reminded you of them even slightly! 

22 hours ago, mirror said:

thanks for the feedback man, i appreciate it a lot. idk if i'll make more changes at this point but i'll def keep in mind your suggestions.
also amber is one of my fave albums of theirs (early ae in general) so im happy to hear it reminded you of them even slightly! 

?

Archived