IGNORED

Modular/Hardware/Guitar live video tracks

zoid

sounds cool, liking the organ type patch that's playing the chords. Definitely a Squarepusher vibe there. It might be good to start adding more parts, going for something a little less repetitive. Never owned a Digitakt, but remember reading that they can do polychaining so that you can make longer sequences. Or maybe just preparing two or more different sequences, switching between them as you jam, and maybe use the guitar loops as a means of transitioning between different sequences . . . ? I unfortunately was only able to listen to this on shitty laptop speakers at the moment, still sounds good, though. Gonna try and remember to listen again with cans or my studio monitors. 

20 hours ago, Drum Up said:

sounds cool, liking the organ type patch that's playing the chords. Definitely a Squarepusher vibe there. It might be good to start adding more parts, going for something a little less repetitive. Never owned a Digitakt, but remember reading that they can do polychaining so that you can make longer sequences. Or maybe just preparing two or more different sequences, switching between them as you jam, and maybe use the guitar loops as a means of transitioning between different sequences . . . ? I unfortunately was only able to listen to this on shitty laptop speakers at the moment, still sounds good, though. Gonna try and remember to listen again with cans or my studio monitors. 

thanks Drum Up! definitely thinking along these lines too. i'v'e been chaining patterns on the Tanzbar and the Digitakt to create the sequences. this one is only 8 bars long, so definitely a bit short. will add more and make it 16 or 32 in next session. Also want to separate out some of the drum sounds - at the moment all the drum sounds are coming out the main outputs of the tanzbar. switching between sequences is tricky, i want to make the sequence intricate enough by chaining so i can press play, and the whole track plays. takes a lot of preplanning.

• zoid changed the title to Live Video Tracks with guitar experiments

here's the next version of the last track. got the modular out for this one, all synced up just about! 3 sequencers are running here, the Tanzbar, the Digitakt and the Eloquencer. this was fun!

it's a 16 bar sequence now but i still want to put more structure on the sequences and build some more changes into the track. happy with how it's coming along. guitar sound might be a little bit too glitchy.

• Like 1

• zoid changed the title to Modular/Hardware/Guitar live video tracks
  • 3 months later...
19 hours ago, TheBro said:

Yes mate feeling the vibe of this one. Chords are seriously nice. Good stuff.

thanks! the chords at the start are from the plaits module. The higher pitched melody with chords tuned in 5ths come from a Casio CZ-101, a seriously nice synth you can pick up very cheap

Edited by zoid
adding info

8 minutes ago, zoid said:

thanks! the chords at the start are from the plaits module. The higher pitched melody with chords tuned in 5ths come from a Casio CZ-101, a seriously nice synth you can pick up very cheap

Wicked. Yeah saw a CZ-101 in the second hand shop for £75 I was mad not to get it!!

Just now, TheBro said:

Wicked. Yeah saw a CZ-101 in the second hand shop for £75 I was mad not to get it!!

oh no!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, TheBro said:

Very groovy ? mate. Nice chords too and soloing. You're on a roll with this shit. That lead is almost like some oldskool disco cut - very cool.

Thanks a lot TheBro ?

Used an Arturia Minibrute for that lead, nice and creamy analog sound ?

• Like 1

after watching a bunch of Pound House, I got inspired to make a surreal comedy video advertisement for a track.

it's unlisted as yet. what do you think, should i make more like this and make them public?

fans of JASH, Tim and Eric, DJ Douggpound might like!

https://youtu.be/AzQk0M6hVaE

53 minutes ago, chim said:

Your stuff is so cool!! Jazzy, shuffly and there's actual playing going on! Well done! 

Hey! Thanks a lot Chim ?

listening to Center Node - shoebox right now, it's great! Love the basslines. is that you?

52 minutes ago, zoid said:

Hey! Thanks a lot Chim ?

listening to Center Node - shoebox right now, it's great! Love the basslines. is that you?

Thanks! Yes everything on the SC is mine, but it's old stuff. I'm brewing a new one... 

6 hours ago, chim said:

Thanks! Yes everything on the SC is mine, but it's old stuff. I'm brewing a new one... 

cool i'll keep an eye out ?

Found this thread yesterday and I got to say I love this stuff. Don't listen to the haters - guitar is cool, continue doing that. I would love it if you did some slower stuff as well in the bebop vein, because the sounds are really sweet and there is no reason 'future funk' should only be reserved for edgy drum and bass tracks. ?

If it sounds weird at first it might be just that you're still new to getting the hang of the sound and how to listen to it.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, thawkins said:

Found this thread yesterday and I got to say I love this stuff. Don't listen to the haters - guitar is cool, continue doing that. I would love it if you did some slower stuff as well in the bebop vein, because the sounds are really sweet and there is no reason 'future funk' should only be reserved for edgy drum and bass tracks. ?

If it sounds weird at first it might be just that you're still new to getting the hang of the sound and how to listen to it.

thanks Thawkins!

that's interesting, i have been working on some more down and midtempo tracks lately.  i always try to put a dash of bebop into trax. SLURPEEE GOOD!

22 hours ago, Tim_J said:

sick 303 bassline!!!

thanks Tim_J! is that your crazy mathbeats on soundcloud i was just listening to? good stuff!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

next track out is this one, Chicago / ghetto-house / guitar track:

Let the comments fly! By which i mean I'd really appreciate it if you could head over to Soundcloud and drop a comment on the track, it's like a graveyard with extra tumbleweeds over there:

• 1 month later...

Here be my new track:

there is only one lonely spam comment. give him some company please nice watmm commentores!

• Like 2