IGNORED

Nina Kraviz has been CANCELLED

sheatheman

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Your second paragraph is spot on. Your opening sentence ... not so much.

Fact of the matter is that for a couple of hundred years white people have been selling black people as cattle and doing god knows what else to them. At the very least in the interest of fairness black people now get to be dicks to white people for a while, or, if nothing else, will not be held to the same standards for a bit.

It's like Germans and Jews. Of course very few Germans left alive today are responsible for the holocaust. Nevertheless it is still not done for Germans to make Jewish jokes and perfectly ok for Jews to express a dislike for Germans.

Which many of them don't, because unlike white people towards black people Germans are, for the most part, perfectly aware of this and behave in an exemplary fashion in this regard.

I don’t see how being a dick to present day white people solves shit. If you’re equating all white people with slave owners, what about a white guy whose parents came here 40 years ago from Czechoslovakia or Belarus? Should black people be dicks to them because they don’t understand oppression? (Lol)

16 minutes ago, Candiru said:

I don’t see how being a dick to present day white people solves shit. If you’re equating all white people with slave owners, what about a white guy whose parents came here 40 years ago from Czechoslovakia or Belarus? Should black people be dicks to them because they don’t understand oppression? (Lol)

It doesn't, of course, but since white people have been dicks (and much worse dicks) to black people for such a long time, it's in exceptionally bad taste to complain. Let's allow black people be assholes for a while.

Nina Kraviz is, of course, perfectly correct in stating that all of this doesn't concern her as she's from Russia.

13 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

It doesn't, of course, but since white people have been dicks (and much worse dicks) to black people for such a long time, it's in exceptionally bad taste to complain. Let's allow black people be assholes for a while.

Nina Kraviz is, of course, perfectly correct in stating that all of this doesn't concern her as she's from Russia.

So Russians aren't really white is what you're saying?

If you’re from Russia, you’re probably well aware that black people are far from the only people who have been oppressed, and that your cornrows don’t matter at all. 

16 minutes ago, Candiru said:

If you’re from Russia, you’re probably well aware that black people are far from the only people who have been oppressed, and that your cornrows don’t matter at all. 

Itz a well known fakt that only blacks and jews have been oppressed! 

Starting with watmm in 2005 I have been trying to keep americans off the internet.  None of you listened, you all thought it was a big joke, lol internets.  I think this debacle is my final vindication. 

4 hours ago, rhmilo said:

At the very least in the interest of fairness black people now get to be dicks to white people for a while, or, if nothing else, will not be held to the same standards for a bit.

nah absolutely fuck this idea, one of the most racist things ive ever heard. WHO were the ones were keeping black people as slaves? oh yeah the ones that are now DEAD. the an idea predicated upon a whole group of people needing to pay reparations and be castigated for something their ancestors did whilst completely ignoring the individual components of said group...fucking abhorrent, get that shit outta here. how is that fair at ALL? there is only the individual

11 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

nah absolutely fuck this idea, one of the most racist things ive ever heard. WHO were the ones were keeping black people as slaves? oh yeah the ones that are now DEAD. the an idea predicated upon a whole group of people needing to pay reparations and be castigated for something their ancestors did whilst completely ignoring the individual components of said group...fucking abhorrent, get that shit outta here. how is that fair at ALL? there is only the individual

The notion that white people should be treated like shit now because of something people with the same skin color as them did hundreds upon hundreds of years ago just doesn't make sense!

4 hours ago, Salvatorin said:

im gonna go to my local black barbershop and get my hair done in cornrows just because of this thread 

I found watmm’s gspot.

Should I post a Jordan Peterson video to make people feel guilty?

2 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Are you wilfully misreading what I wrote?

Not really, and I wasn't that serious tbh, but since you're asking: what you wrote is that it's okay for black people to be assholes to white people EXCEPT Nina Kraviz is Russian so for some reason it doesn't concern her. However she does look distinctly white to me. So either black people can only be assholes to SOME white people, or Russians AREN'T white people. Just wanted to gently point out the logical fallacy. :rtfm: However, since you're "frequently wrong about absolutely everything", I guess that's just a drop in the ocean. :wink:

(All in good fun., of course.) 

24 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Not really, and I wasn't that serious tbh, but since you're asking: what you wrote is that it's okay for black people to be assholes to white people EXCEPT Nina Kraviz is Russian so for some reason it doesn't concern her. However she does look distinctly white to me. So either black people can only be assholes to SOME white people, or Russians AREN'T white people. Just wanted to gently point out the logical fallacy. :rtfm: However, since you're "frequently wrong about absolutely everything", I guess that's just a drop in the ocean. :wink:

(All in good fun., of course.) 

Well, no, what I wrote is white people *shouldn’t complain* about black people being assholes about racism.

AND that this whole racism / cultural appropriation stuff isn’t in any way relevant for people who come from a place where, amusingly other than the great grandfather of the national poet, there have never been black people, oppressed and enslaved or otherwise.

21 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Saw this come across the feed today, seemed relevant:

I'm finally glad there's some substantive cancel-culture re-assessment coming from liberals and the left. As much as folks like Žižek have been making this point for years seeing a figure like Obama step in is an encouraging sign. There are many frustrating things about cancel culture: it completely dismisses the idea of people evolving and progressing into better citizens and individuals, it gives more ammunition to their right-wing opponents and their bullshit rhetoric, and most damning of all it completely works against actual praxis among the left and progressives in general. "Woke" tweeting and social media stuff is pretty cringe-y too but it at least serves this positive purpose and goal, even if it's naive or somewhat co-opted.

6 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Your second paragraph is spot on. Your opening sentence ... not so much.

Fact of the matter is that for a couple of hundred years white people have been selling black people as cattle and doing god knows what else to them. At the very least in the interest of fairness black people now get to be dicks to white people for a while, or, if nothing else, will not be held to the same standards for a bit.

It's like Germans and Jews. Of course very few Germans left alive today are responsible for the holocaust. Nevertheless it is still not done for Germans to make Jewish jokes and perfectly ok for Jews to express a dislike for Germans.

Which many of them don't, because unlike white people towards black people Germans are, for the most part, perfectly aware of this and behave in an exemplary fashion in this regard.

4 hours ago, rhmilo said:

There you go. Not much more to add really. *shrug*

Regarding all of the discussion about oppression and the idea of "whiteness" in Russian history: that has always been a shifting concept depending on who is in power and what the context of conflict was. Just dive into the wormhole of nationalism, fascism, and white supremacy in Eastern Europe and you'll realize just how complicated, nuanced, and at times straight up contradictory it is.

Vague, irrational, and even counter-intuitive rhetoric has always been a major facet of fascist and racist ideology. Exploit one groups actual class grievances and shift it to another "lesser" group using racist or nationalist claims. The Nazis modeled their early policies towards the Jews and undesirables on American segregation and sterilization, yet touted how fairly they treated black American athletes in the 1936 Olympics. They were anti-Slavic at the core, yet during WW2 millions of Slavs were collaborators along nationalistic or political lines against Western allies, communists, Jews, Roma, etc. In a sense whether someone is "white" is completely dependent on who they are comparing themselves to. 

Archived