IGNORED

Nina Kraviz has been CANCELLED

sheatheman

I had been banned for basically saying that the word n*gger is bad, but I didn't replace the "i"with a "*", so in the eyes of the mods I was using racist language. That's such an American mentality, basically the equivalent to the beep sounds in American media when somebody uses a bad word.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that is a very strange thing.  Whether you say "n-word" or say it in full, everyone knows the word you're referencing.  (cue Louis CK bit.)  That sort of censorship serves absolutely no purpose.... unless your audience is so young they wouldn't know wtf an n-word is.  

3 hours ago, cooliofranco said:

housing discrimination, targeted voter suppression, police brutality, the drug war, racial profiling, sentencing disparities, accumulated wealth disparities, public school funding, health disparities, etc etc. 

you don't need systemic racism to explain any of those issues imo. they're consequences of a lower socio-economic status or a socially toxic environment and the vicious circle it can get you into: less ressources > less opportunities > less public investment > more bullshit 

blame the socio-economic system and rightly so but none of that shit is the result of racial discrimination.

15 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

you don't need systemic racism to explain any of those issues imo. they're consequences of a lower socio-economic status or a socially toxic environment and the vicious circle it can get you into: less ressources > less opportunities > less public investment > more bullshit 

blame the socio-economic system and rightly so but none of that shit is the result of racial discrimination.

But people of unpriviledged race suffer from these issues more. Their ancestors were slaves so the generations after them had it way harder because their parents had less access to education and wealth. It's a transgenerational trauma that still persists

The world's most significant changes are now determined by massively wealthy and unsustainable deceptive online companies that make 100% of their money by selling people's lives to a dark Masonic government that convolves entire civilizations overnight and people are somehow under the impression that the world's problems are caused by bad hair choices.

Well yes, on the long term trend we as humanity in many ways move into the right direction: Death by starvation has reduced significantly and - even if the news make it seem otherwise - violence world wide is decreasing. The way our economies work allowed this but at the same time drove us more and more towards an ecological crisis which we don't have the power and political will to stop. And ontop of that this positive long term trend is perturbed by major setbacks related to the global political right shift and a number of severe humanitarian crises and wars. This cancelling bullshit seems pretty meaningless compared to the real problems

If humanity is moving in the right direction, I fail to see it.  It seems to me that the old problems are just giving way to a cast of new ones that are no better, and maybe even worse.  At least starvation encourages people to work together.

6 hours ago, cooliofranco said:

ya. having gone through this thread i'm coming 'round on kraviz being just kinda naive about the issue, which again, makes me wish she hadn't come out so hot with IM NOT A WHITE EUROPEAN. but fine.

and from some of the comments on here, i tend to think these subtle controversies do actually do damage because they lead to the usual, honestly guys, i'm sorry, but just straight up dumb statements like "why can't i complain when black people straighten their hair" and "why should present day white people be responsible for historical wrongs." for the love of god get out of your bubble and read about why those don't stand up to any reading of recent recent history and culture: housing discrimination, targeted voter suppression, police brutality, the drug war, racial profiling, sentencing disparities, accumulated wealth disparities, public school funding, health disparities, etc etc. if you not from the US, fine. but if you are here, you have no excuse.

This is total bullshit! What bubble?!
What i, me, i and me, Xox the Great, have to do with any of this historical wrongs?! It’s a wrong type of solidarity! It’s counterproductive in the long run!

I want my freedom bc im giving others the same!

Ppl need to just leave others alone to do what ever they want unless they _________ (enter rational stuff here, dangerous stuff, not a fakin haircut!!!). Fak!

edit: fak!

14 hours ago, cooliofranco said:

ya. having gone through this thread i'm coming 'round on kraviz being just kinda naive about the issue, which again, makes me wish she hadn't come out so hot with IM NOT A WHITE EUROPEAN. but fine.

and from some of the comments on here, i tend to think these subtle controversies do actually do damage because they lead to the usual, honestly guys, i'm sorry, but just straight up dumb statements like "why can't i complain when black people straighten their hair" and "why should present day white people be responsible for historical wrongs." for the love of god get out of your bubble and read about why those don't stand up to any reading of recent recent history and culture: housing discrimination, targeted voter suppression, police brutality, the drug war, racial profiling, sentencing disparities, accumulated wealth disparities, public school funding, health disparities, etc etc. if you not from the US, fine. but if you are here, you have no excuse.

I heard she's closing her sets with this right now:

On 11/2/2019 at 7:16 AM, Richie Sombrero said:

Can't wait for The Black Madonna to weigh in like every other single faux-controversy.

20 hours ago, dr lopez said:

oh she'll weigh in alright 

Where does body shaming start?

Everybody just stick to their own culture okay?  We don't want any cross pollination.  That would be fucked up and weird. Whites just be whites, blacks be blacks, and whoever else do whatever it is you do.   This is totally not a racist line of thinking.  It's a well known fact people imitate the things they fear and despise.  It's why I started making IDM music - to take it away from the Aphex Twins, and teh 'chre.

35 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

It's why I started making IDM music - to take it away from the Aphex Twins, and teh 'chre.

technically it's ok for you to make that British music.. the queen is on your money so that's that. us people south of the canadian border are appropriating the culture of our former rulers. we've been internally colonized by the butter toothed fish and chips eating subjects of british royalty. a revolt is due. 

Archived