IGNORED

z8nwb.mp3

dingformung

really liking this, listening in cans. The whole thing has a lightness, an airiness to it that sounds very nice. Enjoying the harmonies a lot too, and how some of them are subtle chord stabs instead of all-out drones. Drums sound dope. Not sure of what can improve, only halfway through, though . . . 

aww shit, master tempo just slowed up, always wanted to try that (how'd you pull it off, if you don't mind my asking)? Shit was tight. 'Rae' is one of my favorite techre tracks, always was curious how they went about doing the tempo mod. I saw an interview with Objekt once where he said that master tempo is a modulatable parameter in his DAW. 

Anyways, sounds great sweet track, lush ending. 

Thanks!

I don't really have internet at home at the moment so I spend loads of time on making tracks. There are so many steps and methods involved in this one as none of the sounds are samples, it's all synthesised from scratch. Impossible to reconstruct what I did. One method I used a lot is this: When I end up with a dense track I split it up into three frequency bins that I then put envelopes on, that are triggered by a probability value, while at the same time modulating the shape of the envelops and the speed of the probability gate. That way you can turn a wall of noise into listenable rhythms.

The master tempo doesn't shift but I occasionally shift the number by which one bar is divided (and sometimes layer different divisions). So maybe that's a tempo shift. I have a lot of background noises that sometimes intensify which can result in a perception of increased speed, so maybe that's what you mean?

Anyway, thanks a lot for listening ?

15 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

The master tempo doesn't shift but I occasionally shift the number by which one bar is divided (and sometimes layer different divisions).

nice, never heard of anyone achieving new rhythms this way. Yeah around 5:10 it sounds like the entire track slows down noticeably to my ears, so cheers on the rhythmic illusions there.

Archived