• Green
    • Brexit
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Independent / Other
    • Not voting
    • Spoilt Vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2019 at 09:28 AM

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BCM said:

everybody should vote lib dem. well, if you want to call this whole sorry charade off you should.

Maybe. Depends on your area, Labour might still be worth a punt but I know what you mean

Can't decide if I'm voting strategically or with my heart yet. 

12 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Living in a marginal seat for the first time ever. 1500 votes in it last time and the tory incumbent isnt standing again.

Looking forward to voting labour

What does Labour promise over the SNP?

Im in Wales and labour could lose massively to Tories  if we all vote lib dem. Labour never lose but could happen this time so I guess they get my vote by default. Shit like this makes me want proportional representation for national elections. 

7 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

spacer.png

Haha, even with their tactical voting scenario, the Tory's still get a majority here.

THERE IS NO STOPPING THEM

That website is pretty fucking shoddy apparently, don’t give it your time.

Polls basically saying Tories will get a majority.

The British are fine with electing these immoral cretinous cynics once again despite having created the biggest mess since the second world war.

You get what you deserve. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2019/oct/31/uk-general-election-2019-poll-tracker 

Every time I hear Corbyn or Starmer speak, all I hear is Tory bashing without them giving any concrete evidence of what they are proposing and how they are going to achieve it.  Typical Labour - discredit the opposition without offering a clear vision for what they want to achieve.  If we vote for Labour we get a second referendum on his "fair" deal that he has not even yet negotiated vs. No Brexit, all wrapped up within 6 months.  How will any labour leave voter (of which there are many) want to go for this? Brexit party for them, I would imagine.

I listened to Jo Swinson's speech yesterday, and whilst I found a fair section of it agreeable (including their support for changing the first past the post system to proportional representation), I cannot support the point blank Anti-Brexit stance which ultimately will be their downfall at this election. And I do not buy the idea of a 50bn "Remain Bonus". But I will see how the campaign pans out.  It was also pointed out by a journalist after the speech had finished, that her voting record over the past few years is fairly awful as she voted with the Tory's on every austerity measure as part of the coalition.  Not exactly an impeccable record of following your own vision for someone looking to be the next PM.

As for the Tory's ... JRM has put his foot in it far too many times over the past 6 months.  He has become and even more complacent, arrogant individual.  Whilst clearly a clever (and wealthy man), none of this is running in his favour and he either needs to reign it in or retire to his desert island.  Boris is doing exactly what Boris does but actually in a slightly more reserved manner than he has in the past (advisors doing their jobs, I suspect).  Difficult to see anyone beating them in the polls unless they royally fuck it up over the coming weeks.  It is theirs to lose, rather than anyone else catching them up.

At the end of it all, British politics needs a drastic overhaul.

So I am on the fence again. As with the last election, looking to be persuaded by a particular party, but possibly going to vote locally for an independent or spoil it.

23 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Every time I hear Corbyn or Starmer speak, all I hear is Tory bashing without them giving any concrete evidence of what they are proposing and how they are going to achieve it.  Typical Labour - discredit the opposition without offering a clear vision for what they want to achieve.  If we vote for Labour we get a second referendum on his "fair" deal that he has not even yet negotiated vs. No Brexit, all wrapped up within 6 months.  How will any labour leave voter (of which there are many) want to go for this? Brexit party for them, I would imagine.

I listened to Jo Swinson's speech yesterday, and whilst I found a fair section of it agreeable (including their support for changing the first past the post system to proportional representation), I cannot support the point blank Anti-Brexit stance which ultimately will be their downfall at this election. And I do not buy the idea of a 50bn "Remain Bonus". But I will see how the campaign pans out.  It was also pointed out by a journalist after the speech had finished, that her voting record over the past few years is fairly awful as she voted with the Tory's on every austerity measure as part of the coalition.  Not exactly an impeccable record of following your own vision for someone looking to be the next PM.

As for the Tory's ... JRM has put his foot in it far too many times over the past 6 months.  He has become and even more complacent, arrogant individual.  Whilst clearly a clever (and wealthy man), none of this is running in his favour and he either needs to reign it in or retire to his desert island.  Boris is doing exactly what Boris does but actually in a slightly more reserved manner than he has in the past (advisors doing their jobs, I suspect).  Difficult to see anyone beating them in the polls unless they royally fuck it up over the coming weeks.  It is theirs to lose, rather than anyone else catching them up.

At the end of it all, British politics needs a drastic overhaul.

So I am on the fence again. As with the last election, looking to be persuaded by a particular party, but possibly going to vote locally for an independent or spoil it.

Whether you like it or not, maybe read Labour's last manifesto and soon their updated one if you think they're not offering anything. 

3 minutes ago, bendish said:

Whether you like it or not, maybe read Labour's last manifesto and soon their updated one if you think they're not offering anything. 

I absolutely will, I intend to read all of the manifestos once they are ready.

I am not the sort of person to brandish any entire party as "cunts" without doing my homework first ?

why can't you support a point blank anti Brexit stance? it was all sold on lies and leveraging the prejudices of daily mail readers. a large portion of leave voters have changed their minds and woken up to the facts - Brexit is not achievable in any way that won't damage this country and if anything, will lead to an INCREASE in immigration from countries outside the EU. whole thing is total bullshit and will make everyone poorer.

let's bin it.

Lib Dems will likely take my constituency of St Albans from the Tories, without the need for tactical voting. They've done great here in the local and euro elections, and weren't far behind in the last general. It's looking very likely that the Tories will win again, can only hope they don't get a majority, and also hope the DUP lose a few seats too (there will be tactical voting in NI with SF withdrawing from certain seats and other parties reciprocating, DUP could lose 3 seats). Labour will do really badly and Corbyn will finally be gone, hurrah!

Sorry, I do not agree. And neither does this, happy to see your proof otherwise though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50043549
why can't you support a point blank anti Brexit stance? it was all sold on lies and leveraging the prejudices of daily mail readers. a large portion of leave voters have changed their minds and woken up to the facts - Brexit is not achievable in any way that won't damage this country and if anything, will lead to an INCREASE in immigration from countries outside the EU. whole thing is total bullshit and will make everyone poorer.

let's bin it.
unfortunately the BBC is not the most reliable source of information (it is a public body, essentially owned and run by the incumbent government after all), so I wouldn't put much store by anything they say...

however, lots of other polling is putting remain in the majority (approx. 55% remain vs 45% leave now).

various proof below:

179bcb8f4d150589d4f84e1b163a781b.jpg116aef1873ef4d2f6a6231d189d42c62.jpg9521042dd1ca65f42227dabbfd675090.jpgecc2a9e7a0ae2576a8bba8e3e9d7ee0a.jpgf978131e89cb4db4b7dd51ca0ff12d04.jpgb65bdc359ab14e05ab3a918058d24598.jpg068b8440622907e4a5846007c2f7f6f1.jpg97c92d949e9e71475a7b4df470dc7208.jpgf638e5304c2cb840ea979b4810740a50.jpg38568e6e69c297837147f7542da8bdd2.jpg0a9a88118ea46afea333d369db2fc886.jpg3bec1e0581dc0e61cb21b86887eeb09a.jpgcd51f21dc8e5fce395d9a923328c722b.jpg9d774306612aca688a2ecee51a724ed3.jpgfa633b3e13e386b02237dd9b81256405.jpg9a3021e3fa7152b9e9ebc1cf40ee7c98.jpgf784387a18e19c01dedd7bbcdeb2600c.jpga89e5c6df007023b81b317ab9ade4754.jpg

Archived