• Green
    • Brexit
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Independent / Other
    • Not voting
    • Spoilt Vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2019 at 09:28 AM

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
100% now spoiling my vote on Thursday. Awful state of affairs from all the major parties.
Well I'm sure you can console yourself that if we get another 5 years of Tory fuckery your personal integrity remains intact.

Seriously though I'd say there's one major party here that is CLEARLY worse than the others, and if you're in a swing area not voting against them is just a pointless waste.

Yeah don't be a wank, public funding for parties is linked to vote share in some way anyway so even if you live in a safe Tory seat, sling someone else a vote. If you live in a marginal, vote tactically. We need to get these twats out.

3 hours ago, azatoth said:

hope everyone who can, votes for Labour. A vote for the LibDems is a vote for the Tories.

there are many seats where a vote for Labour will be a vote for the Tories, my constituency for example, looking likely Lib Dems will win it, but if too many vote Labour then maybe the Tories will retain it. it would be nice if we had a representative voting system, but we don't, so people will need in many constituencies to hold their nose and vote for labour/lib-dem/green/independent (delete as appropriate).

Gina Miller's tactical voting site is probably the one i'd trust the most 

https://www.remainunited.org/

I intend to check it one last time just before I vote (I live in a marginal). I don't care if it's lib dem or labour. Priority must be preventing de pfeffel from getting a massive majority. He will be (already has been) a fucking disaster

1 hour ago, caze said:

there are many seats where a vote for Labour will be a vote for the Tories, my constituency for example, looking likely Lib Dems will win it, but if too many vote Labour then maybe the Tories will retain it. it would be nice if we had a representative voting system, but we don't, so people will need in many constituencies to hold their nose and vote for labour/lib-dem/green/independent (delete as appropriate).

Nigel Farage will be leading the way in 2020 with his Reform party, worry thee not

On 11/30/2019 at 9:59 AM, Soloman Tump said:

Screenshot_20191130-082608_1.jpg.a2a5256c8d0f522026ec961751280263.jpg

Relevant

I guess this settles it. The RDJ grin is a LibDem grin. If you're a fan of RDJ, you're basically a LibDem. 

nice, yeah people need to shut the fuck up with the "lib dems are tories" thing. for one thing, they're not (otherwise they'd be in the conservative party) and another thing, in some constituencies they stand the best chance of winning against the tories. we need a united front and cooperation between labour and lib dem if we're going to stop this awful government.

a good indicator (imo) of the best way to vote tactically is to look at the way the votes went in the last local council elections. vote labour where they came in 1st or 2nd and lib dems/green/SNP/fucking anyone but conservative likewise.

5 minutes ago, BCM said:

nice, yeah people need to shut the fuck up with the "lib dems are tories" thing. for one thing, they're not (otherwise they'd be in the conservative party) and another thing, in some constituencies they stand the best chance of winning against the tories. we need a united front and cooperation between labour and lib dem if we're going to stop this awful government.

a good indicator (imo) of the best way to vote tactically is to look at the way the votes went in the last local council elections. vote labour where they came in 1st or 2nd and lib dems/green/SNP/fucking anyone but conservative likewise.

The lib dems are certainly not Tories, but with the current leaderships of both parties there is no way they would cooperate.

I have a hard time garnering any shred of support of Labour with their current manifesto - I was brought up to respect the fact that if I cannot afford something then I cannot have it.  Labour seem to want to take out 4 credit cards at once and max them out in the short term, with no real plan for how to pay it back.  But I do understand the need for investing in our services, NHS and to sort out the housing crisis.  Borrowing big time is great in the short term but inevitably leads to crippling financial debt. 

I know someone in Oxford who is currently homeless because he couldn't pay off his credit cards then had to default on his mortgage.  You simply cannot solve financial debt by creating more money from thin air. 

Austerity has been reducing year on year and I guess for one thing the Tory's have "Promised" to start spending again, albeit only a small level compared to what Labour and LibDem are proposing. 

Final say from me on this:

I was tempted to vote Green this time around, but the candidate has been stood down to give the Lib Dems a chance, but I cannot vote for them as I trust them about just as much as I do the Tory's.  Which is only slightly more than Labour.

Final decision: Spoilt vote.

17 hours ago, caze said:

Harpenden Caze? Me too..despite being nondom tax evader living it up in virgins. my god that const is barber central

Lib Dem probably best there...remain maj i reckon....

I was tempted to vote Green this time around, but the candidate has been stood down to give the Lib Dems a chance, but I cannot vote for them as I trust them about just as much as I do the Tory's.  Which is only slightly more than Labour.

such flawed and cynical thinking. do yourself a favour and try to be less idealistic and more rational. if lib dems stand the best chance of keeping out a tory in your seat, then by god man you need to vote for them. you talk about trust - and justifiably so, but it's not like the lib dems are going to win the election is it? this is simply about not letting a conservative candidate win in your constituency, and NOTHING else. idealism can wait.

do the right thing.

The lib dems are certainly not Tories, but with the current leaderships of both parties there is no way they would cooperate.
I have a hard time garnering any shred of support of Labour with their current manifesto - I was brought up to respect the fact that if I cannot afford something then I cannot have it.  Labour seem to want to take out 4 credit cards at once and max them out in the short term, with no real plan for how to pay it back.  But I do understand the need for investing in our services, NHS and to sort out the housing crisis.  Borrowing big time is great in the short term but inevitably leads to crippling financial debt. 
I know someone in Oxford who is currently homeless because he couldn't pay off his credit cards then had to default on his mortgage.  You simply cannot solve financial debt by creating more money from thin air. 
Austerity has been reducing year on year and I guess for one thing the Tory's have "Promised" to start spending again, albeit only a small level compared to what Labour and LibDem are proposing. 

Definitely letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Talking of homeless folk in Oxford, I used to live by the homeless shelter near Folly Bridge. The number of homeless people round there has EASILY tripled since 2010 which is directly linked to Tory social care cuts.

It's easy to take the moral high ground if you're in a relatively secure position but don't forget there are people's lives at stake here.

Archived