• Green
    • Brexit
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Independent / Other
    • Not voting
    • Spoilt Vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2019 at 09:28 AM

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't fall for the bbc conspiritards mcbpete, she did nothing even slightly wrong here. this info was probably given to her by labour people to energise their canvassing efforts.

image.png.597c40a174eaba7f77d2d3d01a4920dc.png

Yeah but... one could be right. I think BBC skews establishment and there has been some objectively iffy reporting this election.

Not even the weird cenotaph editing etc. For me the real eye-opener was the huge amount of airtime given to Ian Austin denouncing Corbyn. The guy was a complete no-mark with a long standing Corbyn grudge. When similar statements came out from more important politicians like John Major or Ken Clarke... Nothing. Do you not find that odd?

Sorry, you're talking bollox. Michael Heseltine was on Andrew Neil tonight telling people to not vote for the Tories. They give plenty of coverage to that kind of thing.

he was on a prime-time current affairs show for a solid 5-10 mins earlier. it's not news that's he's against them now, it was when it first happened, which is when it was bigger news, e.g. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50555146. you can find many similar articles about Ken Clarke and John Major (Major coming out against Brexit in particular was quite a big story when it happened and all the other Tories started calling him a traitor)

I was totally unaware that Heseltine flat-out stated 'don't vote Tory' until you mentioned it.

I'm not saying these stories are not covered by the BBC but they are simply not given the same prominence. There is no way to find the Heseltine comments unless you are looking for them - compare it to the blanket coverage of similar statements by an ex-Labour backbencher.

If you seriously believe that the current media landscape is fair and not the least bit slanted towards the current Government then I don't know what to tell you.

Well it was widely reported on at the time, maybe you spend more time listening to people complaining about the BBC than actually watching the BBC? I listen to Radio 4 most mornings/lunchtimes, plus Newsnight quite regularly. They're far more even handed than most news outlets, compare to Channel 4 news, or the guardian, or the telegraph, etc... there's no comparison. 

One of the big problems here is that the far left weirdos in Labour, and the frothing reactionaries in the Conservative party, are both massively divorced from reality, and while the BBC have to maintain balance, they are capable of calling people out for being out of touch with reality. This infuriates the lunatics, because nobody likes being called out on their bullshit. 

9 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

Ian Austin was top story for almost a day.

You can check here how high up Heseltine is...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/

"how high up" a story is, is just a reflection of how many people have read it.

If lots of labour voters turn up to the bbc website to see what they are reporting, then the story gets bumped higher. 

Heseltine has been saying vote against the Tory's for a week or so now, I heard it on radio 5live last week, as well as on c4 news.

I tend to listen to a mix of 5live radio during the day and 6music when I get bored or frustrated with the politics.  Seems fairly well balanced and they take calls from people of all persuasions.

exit polls suggest Biggest Conservative win since Margaret Thatcher in 1987...

back to the 80s innit.

I'm going to become a Yuppie, get a Porsche and a flat in Docklands. Do loads of coke and get well into Level42.

The margin looks so big that there's a decent chance Boris can now throw the ERG under a bus and do a relatively soft brexit deal. Might be the only silver lining here, well, that and the end of Corbynism.

The margin looks so big that there's a decent chance Boris can now throw the ERG under a bus and do a relatively soft brexit deal. Might be the only silver lining here, well, that and the end of Corbynism.

Hopefully the lib dems can still pick up a few more seats, only predicting +1 for them at the moment, and also maybe Swinson's seat is under threat, so might be a few losses and a few gains in other areas.

SNP doing really well too, Scexit next pls.

Archived