• Green
    • Brexit
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Independent / Other
    • Not voting
    • Spoilt Vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2019 at 09:28 AM

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/2/2019 at 9:53 PM, dr lopez said:

Been listening to this again tonight...man if this was available on some kind of double C90 cassette I'd totally buy the shit out of it.  Conservatives missing a trick here.

16 hours ago, BCM said:

think the plan for us is to become a more agile, nimble economy with many bilateral trade deals in place around the world. The idea is that traditional large economic trading blocs are not working anymore and we'd be better off extracting ourselves from one and taking advantage of what that can (potentially) bring - more efficiency and agility, faster decision-making, less regulation and red tape

What’s actually going to happen is you’ll get bent over by larger economies. The EU has an economy similar in size to the US and China, which allows it to bargain on more equal terms, as well as taking into account the ability to produce goods in a system that takes advantage of economies of scale. The UK has none of that. 

also big lol at faster decision-making, given how long the whole brexit deal has taken. 

Just to be clear, I understand this is not your argument @BCM  

5 hours ago, chenGOD said:

What’s actually going to happen is you’ll get bent over by larger economies. The EU has an economy similar in size to the US and China, which allows it to bargain on more equal terms, as well as taking into account the ability to produce goods in a system that takes advantage of economies of scale. The UK has none of that. 

also big lol at faster decision-making, given how long the whole brexit deal has taken. 

Just to be clear, I understand this is not your argument @BCM  

Yeah, was thinking about responding to this as well. This idea that larger trading blocs wont work, seems related to the direction the US currently actively seems to pursue with respect to their negative views of the WTO. Which, in a way is a bloc to defend economic rights.

Without jumping into the deep end here, the danger is that the world economy returns back to a place where economic rights are defined by those with economic power. And the smaller economies will suffer when they can't form blocs, or if the WTO stops existing, for example.

I find it ironical that all the institutions and ideas which came shortly after WW2, have become targets nowadays. We have forgotten why they're there. And we might end up in a place where we have to re-learn why we need them. 

6 hours ago, StephenG said:

RE the poll in this thread. I can’t delete my choice like in other watmm polls. I put mine as conservative as a joke. Sorry

That's kinda appropriate though. The last referendum on Brexit was also based on a joke. ?

Archived