• Green
    • Brexit
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Independent / Other
    • Not voting
    • Spoilt Vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2019 at 09:28 AM

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BCM I think I will take the opinion of the BBC and its collation of 4 independent polls, over 10 random twitter users and a meme, but I appreciate the sentiments ?

Still happy to see some healthy debate here though rather than a slanging match.

Tory Wales developments today won't be helping their cause at all!

34 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

@BCM I think I will take the opinion of the BBC and its collation of 4 independent polls, over 10 random twitter users and a meme, but I appreciate the sentiments ?

Still happy to see some healthy debate here though rather than a slanging match.

Tory Wales developments today won't be helping their cause at all!

That wee cunt Cairns getting shit-canned is glorious. Seeing him on the Tory front bench, grinning like a cyst with JRM et al, not grinning nowwww

If the constituencies immediately north of the M4 go Tory or Brexit, that would be a good indicator of how fkd up things are. Oxford Uni claims English migrants crashed the Leave vote at home & as much as it’s better to take the I/Thou worldview, Operation Mindfuck is still in full effect

http://www.dannydorling.org/?p=6954

1 hour ago, BCM said:

did you not see the polling information contained in the charts and graphs above the tweets? they're all from reputable independent polling sources.

Ah no sorry they got missed in amongst the twitter screen grabs and your massive signature ?

I suspect in a couple of weeks time, we won't be able to move due to drowning in poll results

• 2 weeks later...

this free broadband thing is the latest idiocy from Labour.

not only would it not achieve what it's setting out to (speeding up the rollout of broadband to rural areas, and ensuring high speed access everywhere, see the failure of the similar plan in Australia - where it should have been easier to roll out, less pre-existing infrastructure to replace, smaller population; were massive delays on the rollout, and no guaranteed access to full fibre), but it will also result in hundreds of companies going bankrupt, many thousands of people losing their jobs, pensioners getting shafted (after Labour devalue and steal the assets), taxpayers getting shafted (their cost estimation is laughable, will be 10x higher, and their plans to pay for it with a tech-tax will also fail spectacularly), and shittier quality of service and increased delays in getting services switched on (govt utilities are always worse at this stuff, I speak from experience in multiple countries here). Also incredibly worrying from a civil rights POV, handing control of the internet to the government.

I was already considering abandoning this country in the event of a shitty brexit, Labour getting into power under Corbyn and there's no question, I'm gone.

I generally don't think its a good idea to nationalize a modern communication sector that is still actively growing and expanding. Time and money is still going into R&D and new forms of infrastructure.

Let the private investors and new tech companies keep whittling away at it, and let people opt in as new tech becomes available. Don't blanket conscript it to everyone in the uk, and don't constrict the private money that is going into it. Just my 2c.

John the Farmer, Kate the Hairdresser and Me the engineer don't need the added cost of Fibre Optic Broadband to go about our daily routines, do not impose it on us.

Fibre is a priviliege, not a necessity.

I want the endless pantomime of Brexit over with. So I'm gonna have to vote Boris.

I'm pretty much a liberal, but I believe the vote was cast and we should honour it, so cannot agree with Lib Dems to reverse it (plus Swinson seems well fucking annoying). In my line of work I should vote Labour (I work at Royal Mail) but anyone with half a brain can see Corbyn is a fucking disaster zone. I think he must only appeal to the desperate and deluded. Hmmm then I think of some cunts I know who are pro Tory and I think how much I despise them. 

I just want Brexit finished. It's just toxic the longer it runs on.

I want the endless pantomime of Brexit over with. So I'm gonna have to vote Boris.
I'm pretty much a liberal, but I believe the vote was cast and we should honour it, so cannot agree with Lib Dems to reverse it (plus Swinson seems well fucking annoying). In my line of work I should vote Labour (I work at Royal Mail) but anyone with half a brain can see Corbyn is a fucking disaster zone. I think he must only appeal to the desperate and deluded. Hmmm then I think of some cunts I know who are pro Tory and I think how much I despise them. 
I just want Brexit finished. It's just toxic the longer it runs on.

oi don't fucking vote conservative mate. please. just don't do it for the love of all that is holy.

I'll be honest my political weakness and lack of commitment is something that I think about quietly to myself.

It's not the case in my day to day life. I can assure you I can see clearly with the rights and wrongs of daily life, crystal clear.

Politics just totally confuses me. 

don't vote for the leader, vote for the policies. you said Jo Swinson is "well fucking annoying"... and what, fucking Boris Johnson isn't?? Or Michael Gove?? Get the fuck outta here... Is it because Jo Swinson is a woman and Boris is "funny" or some inane shit like that?

Whatever, I'll take well annoying over the tories every time, if the party she represents has the right policies.

edit: or at least a good deal of policies I agree with, more than I agree with the other parties policies... you're never gonna find a party you agree with 100%, just got to try and find one you're most aligned with.

edit edit: and when I say aligned, I don't just mean aligned on Brexit. i'd wager that's there's probably not much else you agree with the Conservatives other than "get Brexit done" because you're utterly fed up of it. you said yourself that you're mainly a Liberal, so an assuming normally you'd vote Lib Dem or Labour? but you're thinking Tories just to get this over with? pretty bleak thinking...

fuck all that "will of the people" shit, it was all lies mate.

and another thing...(sorry)

even if the Tories win and Boris gets his deal through, that is in no way the end of anything. It's the beginning of the 2 year transition phase where the actual real negotiation will happen on all the minute details. It is highly likely these negotiations will fail and again we'll be looking at leaving the EU with no deal, which won't get agreement of parliament, and so the transition period will be extended, and so more negotiations and on and on with no end in sight, probably ever.

you want this over with as quickly as possible and the best deal for the UK? vote for a remain candidate and party and maybe we'll be able to call this whole sorry mess off, and really be able to move forward and start addressing all the other serious issues facing this country.

Yeah, 'get brexit done' is a total lie (quelle surprise).

The withdrawal agreement is the easy bit, and it's still not been done after 3 years...

If they get this shit through parliament the best part of the next decade will be Brexit Brexit Brexit. It's gonna be Shit.

Archived