IGNORED

Documentaries about Music Production

sheatheman

Sorry to double post on this same series, but this is probably the best rundown of vocal processing I've looked in on... also, could this be a good FLA album post 2000?  Sounds like an updated Millennium track (lyrics are cheesy as ever, but that's a given with FLA):

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Sorry to double post on this same series, but this is probably the best rundown of vocal processing I've looked in on... also, could this be a good FLA album post 2000?  Sounds like an updated Millennium track (lyrics are cheesy as ever, but that's a given with FLA):

He had me when I noticed all those Electrix units front and center in his desk rack.  That's not what I'm used to seeing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, xox said:

This one really inspired me to push myself, to try harder!

Yeah would be nice to be able to test my works in progress out on an Ibiza audience. I would get kicked out of the club so fast: no mansion, no genelec subs, nothing for me.

A good takeaway is probably that 90% of your tracks won't be hits. Though I am not sure what to think of this - I probably should first have a solid foothold on just DJing or playing out regularly before I start caring too much about hits?

• Burger 1

Beautiful.

Nabbed Catching the big fish recently and it's been a great source of motivation and inspiration for me. It's basically a collection of quotes and ideas which makes it perfect to grab and get a quick Lynchian perspective on things. Perhaps a bit like Eno's oblique strategies but not like that at all. 

• 2 months later...

I really like getting a glimpse into Ken Marshall's method.  He's definitely got a distinctive style.  Kind of funny that his vocal treatment in this case was removing everything identifiable about the original vocal.  It could've sounded like Ministry, but turned into post-2000 Skinny Puppy/FLA instead (who he also had a hand in mixing from time to time)

• Like 1

David Lynch. :If you don't enjoy the doing do something else. For me that translated into using gear I like using. If something makes you want to be playful stick to that

Thats what the above video is.

Looks like Lynch has a documentary about him coming out, Probably why that was taken down

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I Could Never Make That Music Again is a choral album, a sound collage crafted out of interviews, where artists, musicians, DJs and sound makers talk openly about their work, their visions, their hopes, their moments of doubts and their regrets in a loosely constructed narrative. Even though most of the people interviewed here have just met on a few occasions, they have all participated in the making of the history of electronic music; from the early tape experiments in the 1950s to the latest trends in techno.

image.png.7c71132ae56e229040a828d936e9caed.png

Edited by iococoi
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...