IGNORED

untilted vinyl prices

exitonly

played my untilted mp3s at work today.  my colleague was tapping his foot but im still on the fence about this whole thing. that on top of the price fixing conspiracy going on.  

Wasn't 2007 the low point for vinyl sales, before the 'revival' started? I'd imagine current pressings of most albums are probably higher than those from the mid '00s. This was the era where CD-only releases were still common. So yeah, not surprising. I'm sure Warp will get around to doing new presses at some point.

1 minute ago, purlieu said:

Wasn't 2007 the low point for vinyl sales, before the 'revival' started? I'd imagine current pressings of most albums are probably higher than those from the mid '00s.

I believe so but what ever number would be it must be greater than 69 cause ignatius

41 minutes ago, oscillik said:

I'm glad that they haven't repressed Autechre stuff all at once. It would send us all into debt.

yeah, okay, but now it's time for the next three at least. Just imagine: Chiastic+LP5+Confield... how legendary was that run of albums? It needs to be repressed.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, nikisoko said:

the issue is that this is the last autechre album that is available on vinyl that i dont own on vinyl. its also my least favorite autechre album, which is why i never bought it in the first place. but when one is so close to completing a collection (though i still need some eps), i might convince myself i like it. 

But it has LCC and Sublimit

On 11/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, nikisoko said:

the issue is that this is the last autechre album that is available on vinyl that i dont own on vinyl. its also my least favorite autechre album, which is why i never bought it in the first place. but when one is so close to completing a collection (though i still need some eps), i might convince myself i like it. 

Literal same exact situation here except with Chias Tic Slide. I passed it at the record store i worked at, vg+ for i think 70$

Archived