IGNORED

The Instaphex account.

donquixote

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lucivalc said:

Kinda makes me question if that's really his account.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Kinda makes me question if that's really his account.

Yep or he's been hacked lol. 

Do those purple letters say "JIVES"  or sumting?

Don't know what to make of this. Wake me up when something official has been communicated. Until then, I'll try not to bother. ?

What a simple google query can do:

https://permasteeze.bandcamp.com/releases

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=395392975/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://permasteeze.bandcamp.com/album/jives-ep">JIVES EP by Permasteeze</a></iframe>

edit: i'm not going to bother with making the bandcamp embed thingy work

6 minutes ago, goDel said:

Do those purple letters say "JIVES"  or sumting?

Don't know what to make of this. Wake me up when something official has been communicated. Until then, I'll try not to bother. ?

I'm watching to see how well the bandcamp does. Do the type of people who think it's rich Buy music? 

Impressive number of followers. 

7 minutes ago, goDel said:

So what do you think of the tracks on the bandcamp? (I'm not in a position to listen to them right now...)

pls dont say lush or quite good ?

Quite good would sum it up lol. Missed any real spark for me though. It's made worse by the fact the creator is (edit: potentially) trying to make you evaluate if it's Rich or not. 

Caveat: I dont think Rich is quite good even on bad days. He's generally excellent to mind blowing imo.

So what do you think of the tracks on the bandcamp? (I'm not in a position to listen to them right now...)

pls dont say lush or quite good
Did a quick listen and it sounds like decent electro-- not anything I would have thought Richard would advocate. It's definitely not pushing any boundaries or participating in contemporaneity. Hope I'm not being too harsh if this is a family friend or something.

Thing is, if you go into this expecting new aphex, you're setting yourself up for a disappointment. it's not new aphex. some of it reminds me of aphex though (second half of terminus) and some of it screams it's def not aphex. sounds like a youngster on the road to making great tunes somewhere in the future

6 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

Really nice tunes! but def not our boy Rich.

Also worth mentioning that the IG acc isn't verified either. Doesn't necessarily mean it isn't him, but a blue tick would at least confirm. 

Someone on Reddit pointed out warp don't follow it which is a fair point.

Betting warp have it taken down soon.

I do like how the tracks progress. Seems like a lot of thought and effort went into this. More variety and subtlety than I initially realized. The bar is set pretty high anything coming from Richard or any music he advocates. The immediate reaction was to shut it down early, but there's actually things to appreciate in this.

Archived