IGNORED

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - Watchmen (HBO) Volume 1

fumi

Been reading some of the back story for the series it's pretty interesting.  Like that Daniel Dreiberg is in Federal prison as a result of refusing to cooperate with authorities, while Laurie Juspeczyk cut a deal and went to work for the FBI.  Ozymandius was legally declared dead, Ford was still President after Nixon, most digital technology was banned after the initial squid attack, etc etc.

• 2 months later...

All three volumes are up on Spotify (I love you Spotify) and I'm going through it right now. First impression is excellent.

Right at this moment I am getting mahoosively back into a lot of Trents work. Spotify is of course the best platform to experience albums like this in my humble opinion.

A few weeks ago I realised I had never listened to Ghosts, somehow it passes me by. Holy guacamole, there are some fucking tunes on that, and of course listening via Spotify is perfect as there is a lot of filler over the four volumes, but you can curate and create your All Killer No Filler playlist or whatever you wish to do. So these Watchmen albums and Ghosts plus I've been rinsing the Bad Witch EP.

The man can do no wrong in my book. 

I watched this at least as much for a new NIN "record" as I did for the actual show. What I loved is that their contributions weren't limited to just music. You can hear some gnarly modular squelches during some scenes of violence, which is a spicy addition to the action. 

Ghosts was indeed a generous gift from Tront. 

Archived