IGNORED

Behringer 303 anyone?

TheBro

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came to actually post about this and I was going to make a smart ass remark along the lines if it was anything like the RD-8, we wouldn't ever actually see it in the US.

That prompted me to take a look and notice that the RD-8 is finally in stock everywhere in the US, including Perfect Circuit (where I preordered from) so hoping that ships pretty damn quick. Nice!

I have the Cyclone Analogic TT-303, but I'll definitely pick one of these up if they are looking as good as all the other recent Behringer clones.

Not sure it should be a priority for anyone in 2019 but if it's under 300e and has extended midi functions, sure, why the hell not? I would have totally loved this a bit earlier, like 10 years ago... 

would be super interested to see if behri get the 303 as good as they got the 101 to sound..I have the TT303 and love it to pieces but it does lack that real grit of the TB with the resonance up max..need to drive it through desk hard to bring out the grit. also, if its built half as good as the RD8 and MS101, by god it'll be worth their 300e pricepoint!

..will definitely pick up a behri 303 tho..for, duophonic acid stuff...

*come on you cunt, lets have some Uli acid*  ?

To change the subject slightly, the Roland TB-03 having a MIDI out led to an accidental and wonderful discovery yesterday. I'm currently creating a big archive of break samples. I started my MIDI clock at random for some reason during this and suddenly a weird groove started playing. Turns out it was the TB-03's sequencer triggering breaks in my MPC. Sounded like a slowed down take on jazzier Venetian Snares stuff. 

Long story shorter, really cool way to get more abstract sequences, just load small snippet samples (or longer samples that will be choked when another sample is triggered). Get a cool groove that way.

17 minutes ago, mause said:

would be super interested to see if behri get the 303 as good as they got the 101 to sound..I have the TT303 and love it to pieces but it does lack that real grit of the TB with the resonance up max..need to drive it through desk hard to bring out the grit. also, if its built half as good as the RD8 and MS101, by god it'll be worth their 300e pricepoint!

..will definitely pick up a behri 303 tho..for, duophonic acid stuff...

*come on you cunt, lets have some Uli acid*  ?

some Uli acid*  ?

some Ulillillia acid*  ?

On 11/6/2019 at 5:12 AM, BCM said:

I have doubts, it's got to be said. We need a video of Bro jamming on it.

I have BCM to thank for steering me toward the TT-303. I'm sure the TB-03 is fun in its own right but when I fire that TT up (pronounced "titty") and put it through a Mooer Black Secret pedal, all my derivative Hardfloor desires are met and I'm GAS-immune to this particular announcement. In fact, the more I play on my rig, the more I'm like "what have I done?" ? Dropping all this cash to capture adolescent desires like Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld with their fucking cars. Whatever, I'm having fun. Everybody Needs a 303 for sure. 

4 minutes ago, xxx said:

I have BCM to thank for steering me toward the TT-303. I'm sure the TB-03 is fun in its own right but when I fire that TT up (pronounced "titty") and put it through a Mooer Black Secret pedal, all my derivative Hardfloor desires are met and I'm GAS-immune to this particular announcement. In fact, the more I play on my rig, the more I'm like "what have I done?" ? Dropping all this cash to capture adolescent desires like Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld with their fucking cars. Whatever, I'm having fun. Everybody Needs a 303 for sure. 

Gear based extential crisis are the worst. Been in one for like 6 months now. What the fuck am I doing.... Only way to solve it is get more gear.  

Saw the "live" event. It feels a smidgen too tight on the tuning but whatever, the tone is great and it's the price of a restaurant tab for guaranteed acid fun forever. Can definitely see myself getting two.

I have a TB-03 and it's pretty close to the original sound. Don't feel like I need this.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, Taupe Beats said:

To change the subject slightly, the Roland TB-03 having a MIDI out led to an accidental and wonderful discovery yesterday. I'm currently creating a big archive of break samples. I started my MIDI clock at random for some reason during this and suddenly a weird groove started playing. Turns out it was the TB-03's sequencer triggering breaks in my MPC. Sounded like a slowed down take on jazzier Venetian Snares stuff. 

Long story shorter, really cool way to get more abstract sequences, just load small snippet samples (or longer samples that will be choked when another sample is triggered). Get a cool groove that way.

Yeah, I accidentally did that through Logic a while back. Made a kit and cycled through some preset patterns for some randomized breaks.

16 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

So according to this comparison it doesn’t actually sound like a real 303.

No individual 303 sounds like a 303. There's a slight filter difference that can easily be compensated?

Archived