lucivalc

Fenix Funk 5 dulcimer

do you guys know if he's featured the dulcimer in any other tracks? Also anyone have any suggestions of music that complement that particular vibe (intensity/dulcimer action)? giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd71f5793ed40c24f5add842f379ce5299438f14f72&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When I hear Dulcimer, I think of...

I'll see myself out

Edited by Uros

Is it definitely a ducimer - Always assumed it was a Karplus-Strong modelled string synth

• Like 4

Is it definitely a ducimer - Always assumed it was a Karplus-Strong modelled string synth
I see what you're saying. Perhaps it could be. The secondary counter melody that's slightly at a higher pitch - the cadence and audio quality imo sounds like an actual dulcimer, but the initial melody sounds like it could have been modelled.

29 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

I'm with this dude.

He said in the noyzelab interview that it was the Korg z1 doing a karplus-strong patch

• Like 4

The ringing of the low staccato stacks gives it away, pretty ring moddey sound. I think we had this thread. I'm more curious about the delay-soaked bass? The higher notes are so creamy. 

• Like 1

What a track.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chim said:

I'm more curious about the delay-soaked bass? The higher notes are so creamy. 

Doepfer ftw.

On 11/7/2019 at 11:13 AM, bandenoire said:

He said in the noyzelab interview that it was the Korg z1 doing a karplus-strong patch

maybe this sound without the chorus fx?

Edited by Bubba69

I just revisited this track last night on a drive and what a choon. I always get harpsichord vibes from it, real horrorshow Baroque acid but what is a harpsichord anyway? A stringed instrument that gets hammered firmly instead of softly so dulcimer works too.

He's the goddamned king of basslines. There's not one but two fuckin killers in here so while we're at it: which one is Fenix? Or is the answer "yes". psn says Doepfer with certainty on creamy delay but what about the intro, sync'y one?

Actually...motherfucker, there's 3 basslines if you count the final movement of the track. 

• Like 1

There is a similar "string" sound in halibut acid and some other tracks if I remember correctly.

FF5 is an absolute treasure tho

• Like 1

10 hours ago, donquixote said:

There is a similar "string" sound in halibut acid and some other tracks if I remember correctly.

FF5 is an absolute treasure tho

Bodmin 1! The Bodmin set is a seriously overlooked set of gems 

• Like 1

I remember him saying that he used multiple outs from a Doepfer vco to go to multiple Vcf’s. There would have been a limited number of modules from Doepfer around the time he worked on analord. I wonder which ones he had access to?

56 minutes ago, bandenoire said:

There would have been a limited number of modules from Doepfer around the time he worked on analord. I wonder which ones he had access to?

quick wayback machine search gives these results (for jan 2005, when analord 10 was released). also lol @ the doepfer page looking exactly the same 14 years later

image.thumb.png.972b8a5d9e2b88e8fd715b94be5dfdd4.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AnwarAutokino said:

quick wayback machine search gives these results (for jan 2005, when analord 10 was released). also lol @ the doepfer page looking exactly the same 14 years later

image.thumb.png.972b8a5d9e2b88e8fd715b94be5dfdd4.png

I’ve had 5 of the vcfs listed here. 🤔 now to go full spectrum detective on this Inquery.

Bodmin 1! The Bodmin set is a seriously overlooked set of gems 
Love the Bodmin tracks!!! Thanks

A quick go. Missing some hollow in the deeper notes and cream in the higher notes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sweet!! 👌 

awesome psn! did you also use doepfer modules?

edit: nevermind just checked the description on soundcloud 👌

Edited by AnwarAutokino

7 hours ago, psn said:

A quick go. Missing some hollow in the deeper notes and cream in the higher notes.

👍

Hardware or VCV?

It's hardware. Haven't tried VCV yet, but I imagine the S/N ratio to be slightly better. 🙂