IGNORED

Andy Stott - It Should Be Us

donquixote

10 hours ago, dr lopez said:

it most certainly was a baritone warming up. https://www.tinymixtapes.com/features/andy-stott

Sorry doc, but you didn’t read that. Never says “warming up” once. Also, it’s a euphonium, which ain’t the same thing as a baritone!

she is playing that thing dude!

13 hours ago, Blir said:

Easy. It's a pretty boring, nothingy track.

1. It’s an aural palate cleanser. Gets you ready to listen. You are supposed to listen to the album in sequential order.

2. When she starts hitting the upper harmonic register, it’s such a sublime space. Gives me chills every time. Oh, maybe y’all skip after 30 seconds of droning the tonic?

3. If it’s warming up, why are there two notes sounding towards the second half of the track. Guess y’all don’t know how brass instruments work? Cool 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheatheman said:

1. It’s an aural palate cleanser. Gets you ready to listen. You are supposed to listen to the album in sequential order.

2. When she starts hitting the upper harmonic register, it’s such a sublime space. Gives me chills every time. Oh, maybe y’all skip after 30 seconds of droning the tonic?

3. If it’s warming up, why are there two notes sounding towards the second half of the track. Guess y’all don’t know how brass instruments work? Cool 

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in brass band, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on euphonium players, and I have over 300 confirmed longtones. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top baritone in the entire US army band. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of baritone players across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in baritone warmups, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Band and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, markedone said:

i cant hear anything other than 'Dont be fat Dont be fat Dont be fat' in the vocal sample of Ballroom.. ? kinda wrecks what would otherwise be a sick track

Also sounds like is Rosie Perez too, and now I can't listen to the track without thinking of the #1 cray-latina-GF trope of 80s/90s movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBHZKoKYbU

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in brass band, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on euphonium players, and I have over 300 confirmed longtones. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top baritone in the entire US army band. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of baritone players across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in baritone warmups, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Band and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Watch out! This guys got a bumpstock on his baritone and is gonna hit us with some rapid fire staccato from his balcony!

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

well that seals it.

Is this thing on?

New Andy Stott is always a cause for celebration! The man can do no or next to no wrong in the studio imo; Wondered when he'd put out some new material and then out of nowhere I saw someone had put this release in full on the tubes! (P.S. There are two zebrae!)

• 2 weeks later...

Erm, this is absolutely great.

A return to form from the Stottmeister, Stotters, Heavy Kilted-Andeh, Thick Beef and Stott Stew, The Beautiful Balding Drumster.

Can hear the glacier synth tones echoing in Promises, like a thread from New Romance.

My favourite Andy.

I definitely wasn't expecting a Christian pop punk album outta this guy, especially with such a scandalous zebra ass on the cover, but I gotta say, I'm a fan. He really employed the chiaroscuro technique to exemplary effect, letting that accordion/kazoo rhythm section shine and brought the whole proceedings to a place of exuberance and grandeur. ∞º∞/10 would proquifligate again.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

47 minutes ago, Candiru said:

I definitely wasn't expecting a Christian pop punk album outta this guy, especially with such a scandalous zebra ass on the cover, but I gotta say, I'm a fan. He really employed the chiaroscuro technique to exemplary effect, letting that accordion/kazoo rhythm section shine and brought the whole proceedings to a place of exuberance and grandeur. ∞º∞/10 would proquifligate again.

I especially like the way he incorporates Bible passages into his tracks mixed with those aforementioned kazoo rhrythms

Andy Stott is my fav Andy (after Andihow).

I'm looking forward to this for sure. (Haven't heard yet, ordered tho).

Maybe already discussed ITT, but wtf is a double EP? lol.... This is just an album... right?

Edited by StephenG

17 hours ago, StephenG said:

Maybe already discussed ITT, but wtf is a double EP? lol.... This is just an album... right?

at the end of the day it is what it is (ive also seen the phrase mini-album which makes even less sense when its full length) but the terminology might come from a double-pack, which is 2x12¨s of dance tunes that are released together.  this release is described as more dancefloor focused which explains the difference from an album

• Like 1