IGNORED

Vortrack

xyz888

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like classic pusher to me, although sticking with the ufab/damogen style compression which I'm really really not into. Just makes it annoying to listen to on headphones, every single element in the track ducks behind the 909 kik.

Looking forward to the album tho

Goddamn, both of these tracks are so good. I've been listening to them all day. New Squarepusher is always a thrill.

18 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

Sounds like classic pusher to me, although sticking with the ufab/damogen style compression which I'm really really not into. Just makes it annoying to listen to on headphones, every single element in the track ducks behind the 909 kik.

Glad I'm not the only one hearing that - Thought my ears were going mental! Really good track, but really weird mixing choices (seems to also be EQd like U Fabulous Hun and Damaging Furries too with the heavy focus on mid and upper frequencies)

The remix is a bit too repetitive for my tastes, though I like what he's trying to do.

The other track I can get really behind, though. Like a much nastier version of the dancier tracks on Selection Sixteen. Awesome ending, too.

Really looking forward to the album as a whole.

20 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

EVERYBODY STAND BACK, HERE COMES THE KICK

Yeah, we pretty much live in a ducks era. Everyone does it. I wonder if it's even in german accordion folk music...

Sometimes I kinda like it, but it's indeed annoying on headphones. But we're in the IDM sphere, so all kinds of variations, distortions, deconstructions are welcome, if well done.

I see what he is doing in Fracture remix ending, glorious Squarepusher percussion past here. I feel, that ending is not 100% seductive and comes a bit after a longer wait...

np Windscale 2.

Well well, Squarepusher sub lit AF.  Can't help but to take part in the Fracture remix worship choir. Little worried though about the possible album compression and loudness. So in that sense, need to slightly agree with mcbete and Amen Warrior. Nonetheless, has all the potential to be huge.....especially when added with possible bleepstore goodies.

21 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Will try not to overplay it before the album release...

I've probably already overplayed it. I was at work for 10 hours today, probably listened to Vortrack for a whole 6 hours.

Archived