IGNORED

boardsofcanada.com (2002)

YangYing

42 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

You can also see the site here, from the guy who made it for them: http://atomless.com/projects/boc/site/

the whole point of the vid is that the original site already cant be run on most browsers

I recorded this video because this beautiful site relies on Shockwave, a dying/dead format which can't be viewed in modern browsers. So I went ahead and loaded up IE 8 on a Windows 7 VM and installed Shockwave Player. Recorded in OBS, zoomed and edited with After Effects. The original view size was about 320px x 240px, truly a marvel in 2002 I'm sure, and I think it stands up today, 16 years later.

Just now, MIXL2 said:

the whole point of the vid is that the original site already cant be run on most browsers

Yes, I know - the link was in reference to who created the site, and for anyone who would want to do this themselves per the YouTube video's description...

On 11/11/2019 at 11:38 AM, MIXL2 said:

aye :beer:

anyone know where the last loop on this vid  comes from?

I dont remember it from the site and it doesn't appear on the vid either...

Wasn't this the default sound in the 747 track navigation, where you were furthest away from the pylons?

22 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Wasn't this the default sound in the 747 track navigation, where you were furthest away from the pylons?

You're probably right.. it is the right tempo but I don't recall having heard it.

I have been very curious about that particular loop since it's obv inspired by (edit: or atleast very similar to) the societas track at 42 min (which is still not identified!)

2 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

You're probably right.. it is the right tempo but I don't recall having heard it.

I have been very curious about that particular loop since it's obv inspired by the societas track at 42 min (which is still not identified!)

Oooh, good catch - it might be used there!

When I first played the BOC Loops video, the first thing that popped into my mind was the "747" islands part.

I imagine BOC has an enormous library of 'vignette' sounds like this at their disposal...

Archived