IGNORED

Full John Peel Interview with Boards of Canada (1998)

Joyrex

It's probably lurking on here somewhere as well, but since the XYZ track from the Peel Session is finally released, thought it might be cool to hear them talking about their music to John Peel...

Boards_of_Canada_Peel_Session_21_July_1998_full_interview.mp3

16 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

you know...i actually dont think ive ever heard them speak before right now, kinda forgot they would have a scottish accent

edit: also, such a cute little interview. rip peel

AFAIK this is one of the only, if the only times they've spoken and was recorded (although my old brain wants to remember the Helter Skelter radio bootleg having them talking... probably mis-remembering and my brain is mixing it up with Aphex Twin's "Words and Music" CD).

• 2 weeks later...

I always get a little sad when I hear old Peel interviews.  He was such a legend.

Hearing Tom Ravenscroft on 6music now is pretty cool though - he has *similar* tastes to his Dad, although not as mad (although maybe that's just the confines of daytime mainstream radio)

Archived