IGNORED

how do you get this thread, the sound

thawkins

I am actually thinking it would be a nice challenge to take the most dumbest and unmusical sample and base a track around it... and I don't mean just put the thing in a granular IDM thing which makes a completely unrecognizable thing out of it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, thawkins said:

I am actually thinking it would be a nice challenge to take the most dumbest and unmusical sample and base a track around it... and I don't mean just put the thing in a granular IDM thing which makes a completely unrecognizable thing out of it.

already been done

8 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

I used to fall asleep to stuff like that.

However, I agree it's already been done:

I think Neil's really talented but I always feel that his music depends so much on being embedded in american pop culture to know all the cues and inside jokes, so I find it difficult to enjoy it. Also there's so much going on at the time, it's just too intense for me and not enjoyable.

9 hours ago, drillkicker said:

already been done

I meant doing it without granular fuckery - it's easy to extract a killer bass from any fart sample by just zooming in to the basic one cycle waveform and pitching it up and down like a sine wave in a regular AM synth.

Something like this

• Like 1

TBH I don't really pay too much attention to Neil's stuff (or American pop culture) other than the really early flash cartoons, which were great at the time. He's kind of like Weird Paul Petrosky, I'm glad he still does stuff but for me it woked a lot better when he was like 14 and didn't feel like it was being made for anyone but himself (whether it was or not).

Again, there were a good few years in college where I'd fall asleep listening to old granular synthesis stuff (mostly Xenakis) so that just sounds relaxing to me.

I went through a phase in middle school where I fell asleep listening to grindcore, so same deal there.

On 11/13/2019 at 1:46 PM, thawkins said:

just listen to the guy in your av:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
11 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

I did a whole album based around samples from old golf broadcasts, instruction videos and videogames about 5 years ago but I never actually released it.

Time to fix this mistake. Even the stars planets have aligned! https://orient.tm/en/the-planet-parade-will-be-on-july-4/#:~:text=It will take place on,stars located above the horizon.