IGNORED

New idm/ambient track just finished!

evia

The drums sound alright, but I would have liked this a lot more without em. The piano sequence and pads sound really cool, and it would have been better, for such a short track, to have it be just a beat-less ambient track. Just my two cents. 

39 minutes ago, Drum Up said:

The drums sound alright, but I would have liked this a lot more without em. The piano sequence and pads sound really cool, and it would have been better, for such a short track, to have it be just a beat-less ambient track. Just my two cents. 

Thanks for that, appreciate the comment.

that's some good piano programming... is the piano all programmed in this track or is some of it played?

I like it with the beats, lots of detail... sounds good! the drum programming is good but could be improved i think by making the elements work more like bd, hh and sn patterns on drum kits. does that make sense? sometimes i think its too much a stream of 1/16th notes...

6 hours ago, zoid said:

that's some good piano programming... is the piano all programmed in this track or is some of it played?

I like it with the beats, lots of detail... sounds good! the drum programming is good but could be improved i think by making the elements work more like bd, hh and sn patterns on drum kits. does that make sense? sometimes i think its too much a stream of 1/16th notes...

I think I see what you mean. Do you mean that, for instance, in well written idm track the bd, hh's, and snare's will all be really coherent. Whilst faster ornamental things happen around them? If that's the case, I definitely agree my drums are a bit random and incoherent.

4 hours ago, ImperfectStranger said:

Digging this. I'd agree with the previous poster that i'd probably prefer it without the drums but that's just personal taste. Good job though !

Thanks for that : )

11 hours ago, evia said:

I think I see what you mean. Do you mean that, for instance, in well written idm track the bd, hh's, and snare's will all be really coherent. Whilst faster ornamental things happen around them? If that's the case, I definitely agree my drums are a bit random and incoherent.

Thanks for that : )

for me, my favourite kind of drum programming to listen to has those elements all playing off each other, similar to a drummer playing a drumkit. an example of this is"flim", one of the best examples of drum programming imo. 

it's interesting to me how electronic music seems to swing from more machinelike grooves (kraftwerk/early detroit techno/early afx for example) to more organic, human like grooves, like in drum'n'bass and everything with breaks, and everything in between. i do still love machine grooves too, but i'm really drawn to music where it's a mystery to me how it was made, like with flim.

• 2 weeks later...

it's a really good track, maybe it's a little bit too short (we want to listen more, it's a bit frustrating), you could let some ambient nap in the middle of the track without any beat during 2 or 3 minutes maybe, it could be pretty good in my opinion… anyway, well done

Archived