Sign in to follow this  
MIXL2

dgoHn - dgoHn EP - APAH020

Nice, I've always loved sporks and have been getting into dgoHn recently, so win-win.

• Like 1

Fuck yeah dgohn is one of the best and this sounds like a bit of a different flavour , v keen to hear more 

Love it. Gimme more.

Insta-order, it's apparently called 'dgohn ep' rather than sporks (which is one of the tracks)

Love that preview track. Can't wait to hear the rest

Astrophonica doing it lately

album can be previewed on their sc

edit:

BUY >>> bit.ly/APHA020

dgoHn - dgoHn EP
A1. Sporks
A2. Dolorous Dick'ead
AA1. Acacia Road
AA2. Lost and Found
APHA020
Ltd Edition 12” Vinyl & Download Released: 06/12/2019

Astrophonica welcomes veteran producer dgoHn to the family. Through releasing music over the past decade, dgoHn aka John Cunnane has acquired a cult following and gained DJ support from figure heads like Thom Yorke, Tom Ravenscroft and Aphex Twin.
2009 saw Rephlex Records release his collaborative album ‘Some Shit Saaink’ with fellow drumcunt Macc. Sitting somewhere between Jungle, Drumfunk, Experimental Jazz and brutal sub bass, dgoHn’s music is intense in both mania and serenity.

“dgoHn has long since been one of my favourite producers in the left-field jungle or ‘drumfunk’ world. He has a knack of applying brain melting beat science without ever interrupting the groove and rhythm of the track. It’s something that few people can do, and he seems to effortlessly. There’s also a certain sadness and melancholy to his chords and fleeting melodies, which creates a beautiful contrast to the frantic drum madness. Amongst all this, there is a lot of bass, real Jungle bass, that anchors but also adds the ‘sound system’ edge to the mix, resulting in something very unique.” - Fracture

‘Sporks’ takes the 160bpm half time tempo that has become synonymous with the label and throttles full speed into a driving bongo led rush of euphoric pads and deadly sub bass. Have you ever danced with a murderer?

‘Dolorous Dick’ead’ is an explosion of paradoxical emotions where hyperenergetic Jungle breaks and introverted chords meet to create an intense journey through a tape saturated landscape.

‘Acacia Road’ continues the modern 160bpm theme, but diverts into a trance like state with meditative pads and metronome-like poly rhythmic percussion as familiar breaks are elevated towards enlightenment.

In ‘Lost and Found’, a wonderfully crusty break is slowly polished by wistful pads to wipe away the tears before the Amen edits are slowly uncovered to reveal a hidden shiny metallic underlay. Blinding.

Edited by MIXL2
  • Like 2

That description per track thing is a bit odd isn't it ?

Looks like it's the label's doing; most of the albums on their bandcamp have overly verbose writeups

• Like 1

Who needs to listen to this EP when I can read that and listen to something else simultaneously ...100% productivity gain where's my bonus 

• Like 1

I'll give it a try, dug some of his stuff before. Trying to remember what, though.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:24 AM, draft said:

I'll give it a try, dug some of his stuff before. Trying to remember what, though.

He has got a lot of wicked tunes, here's a few that I particularly enjoyed:

https://dgohn-music.bandcamp.com/album/so-be-it-lumbricina

https://dgohn-music.bandcamp.com/album/ralph

https://pineconemoonshine.bandcamp.com/album/pcms017-summit

https://subtleaudio.bandcamp.com/album/subtle017-dgohn-hang-nail-437445-yards-be-gentle

Was listening to devlis again the other day, good gear, not as phrenetic as the dandb 12 inches. 

• Like 1

This ep is p close to my release of the year, best EP of 2019 for sure I think 

This ep pounds, love it. Dolorous dick’ead might be my fav track of his so far. 

how do you guys pronounce dgoHn anyway?

2 minutes ago, StephenG said:

This ep pounds, love it. Dolorous dick’ead might be my fav track of his so far. 

how do you guys pronounce dgoHn anyway?

it's pronounced John

Just now, d-a-m-o said:

it's pronounced John

lol that's what I always thought but... wasn't positive. :shrug:

da-john

deh-gown

dj-OH-en

Yeah I'm deleting this. Prize twat post.

Sorry Mister dogHn 

Edited by beer badger

😂