IGNORED

Is warp.net the ugliest site on the internet?

nature

What happened, who thinks this is OK?  The original two sites were near perfect.  Its almost like, from there, they tried to make things incrementally more ugly and hard to navigate.  Its hard to wrap my head around what went into making it so fucking terrible.  Only bringing this up because I accidentally landed on the site for the first time in almost two years and it blew me away.

The ableton front page is pretty terrible but warp.net is in a league of its own. I actively avoid going there as I know I won't be able to find what I'm looking for and will probably go blind in the process. 

nick.com is the worst I’ve seen but I think it’s not even a website much anymore. Think it forces you to get an app now. In 2013 thought they went from a decent layout to an ugly layout like the original app layout. ‘‘Twas awful as a user of the dead forums 

smartphones and their alledged swiping gratification psychology are killing webdesign in general imo. oh you want dat info? it's right over there, surely! just a little bit more... yuss... c'mon... ugh. that recent stadia promo page was another serious offender in that regard which springs to mind...

2 hours ago, thumbass said:

I seem to be the only one that doesn't mind it

i also dont mind it, other than buttons feeling a bit too chunky (characteristic of of mobile centric web design these days..) the graphics i actually dig, reminds me of their record sleeves.

also to me its very reminiscent of tdr's work in the last 10 years (slabs of color, overset or oversize text, unweildy proportions) so i dont quite understand the calls to bring in tdr

Been a while since I've really looked at Warp's site, especially since Bleep was launched there's less of a need for it. But in this world of templatized websites, I appreciate what they're doing. From a UX standpoint, sure, it's not the must user-friendly. But it's a website for a record label, first, so I expect some creativity, and it's a record label that releases non-mainstream music. So again, I appreciate that it's unique. 

Autechre's myspace was a usability nightmare but it was cool, wasn't it?

I'm convinced that the Tzadik web site is the absolute worst design that any label could have.  The releases are so scattered and disorganized that it feels like pure luck every time I stumble across the CD I was looking for.

Archived