IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

Squarepusher has always been known for his gender non-binary polyamorous pansexual melodies. But I think it fully took over with Just A Souvenir. Something a little hokey got into him around then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Anyone else feeling that this LP has tracks that, compared to the last few albums, have the   possibility-of-being-played-at-a-Aphex-Twin set?

I totally do... and its not just the fast-drums/melodies..... but that unmistakable braindance feels

Thats it!!! Eureka

"Big Up a Hello is Squarepushers first braindance output  in a very long time" - some online rag

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

This album is great.  My brain still doesn't know how to interpret the Vortrack rhythm.  Kick triplets?  Not quite.  Obique 4 on the floor?  Nope.  Where's the 1?  No idea anymore.  A groove emerges briefly towards the end, but perhaps it's only my imagination. Very interesting choice for the single, when everything else is so infectiously catchy.  Top melodies, top drum programming, top 8 bit bassing.  One of his most consistent albums by far.

start counting from the first kick and you'll notice it's just 4/4.

22 hours ago, phudoshin said:

So my hacking continued today with a 33.3>45 speedup of "Vicsynth13 Test Track" and  "Ondula",  mixed together. Works a  treat

Same as how im making a kitchen island out of 2 IKEA presses

https://www.mixcloud.com/keyfumbler/squarepusher-slowed-and-mashed-45rpm-vicsynth13-test-track-ondula-1/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lucivalc said:

Just saw this goes live in an hour.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

It reminds me of The Exploding Psychology a lot in terms of how it starts as hip-hop and goes to Squarepusher mode.

On 2/14/2020 at 4:36 PM, perunamuussi said:

I'm sure it was every bit as good as your legendary squarepusher "mash ups"

Aw thanks... you're a babe. I can make you a T too - i just got my kids to color in one of my my home-made T's

image.png.1d373a0247a48b7b9208bffbbf15061a.png

• Like 2