IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

On 1/9/2020 at 1:58 AM, Amen Warrior said:

I actually think you're right. Specifically 1:15-1:18 in 54 cymru beatz

autism intensifies

Is this a “classic” break of some sort?

lol not sure if you’re joking but I actually hear this too, 100%. But I’m half cut atm so going to throw it in ableton and slow it down tomorrow to check.

Edited by StephenG

49 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Hmm, two beatless tracks then.

so we have at least 5 other trax we haven’t heard yet they should be good and 2 beatless ones lol.

Edited by StephenG

47 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Hmm, two beatless tracks then.

so we have at least 5 other trax we haven’t heard yet they should be good and 2 beatless ones lol.

beatless squarepusher can be refreshing. from what i can tell the album is going to be insane so these 2 tracks might be a nice breather

• Like 2

Yeah, it did. ?

hopefully they release our digis soon then

On 12/30/2019 at 10:14 AM, mause said:

pff everytime its like..3 days before the launch which is so bloody pointless. 

:whistling: ?

Edited by StephenG

Yeah this album is going to be f-faptabulous!

Still what I'm really craving and waiting for is "Feed We Weird Things" as a digital-only release in glorious flac with a shit-load of unreleased bonus tracks on his bleep powered  :squarepusher: store.

• Like 1

Just now, ARPA said:

Still what I'm really craving and waiting for is "Feed We Weird Things" as a digital-only release in glorious flac with a shit-load of unreleased bonus tracks on his bleep powered  :squarepusher: store.

I believe this might actually happen. Did I dream there was a recent interview or something that said there was apparently 30 or 40 tracks submitted to rephlex for FMWT and rich and/or grant chose the 12 they liked best? 

Something to that effect anyways? I haven't had my morning coffee yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StephenG said:

I believe this might actually happen. Did I dream there was a recent interview or something that said there was apparently 30 or 40 tracks submitted to rephlex for FMWT and rich and/or grant chose the 12 they liked best? 

Something to that effect anyways? I haven't had my morning coffee yet.

Yup, well his wiki mentions something like that too :wink:

Jenkinson accepted a five-album record contract with Warp Records in December 1995. This led him to defer his studies at Chelsea Art College. Early in 1996 Richard D. James completed the compilation process for Feed Me Weird Things which was made from over 50 tracks that Tom had given him on DAT, which were recorded from late 1994 to 1995.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squarepusher#1995–96:_Feed_Me_Weird_Things

• Like 2

I’m curious to see watmm reviews start to come in on this - I’m super hyped to hear it tonight. There’s no way I’ll be able to make it until my vinyl comes in lol I don’t have the willpower.

Edited by StephenG
  • Haha 1

OK knowing that it leaked made me wanna pre-order the album on the bleepstore lol, never do that usually but I'm craving for that high quality NTS mix haha.

I guess besides Vortrack the NTS mix is 100% exclusives that aren't on the album ?

Damn this album sounds like an ode to everything WATMM loves. Way more emotional diversity than I expected here. I’ll save the rest of my thoughts until after the release.

But...wow. I love this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stock said:

OK knowing that it leaked made me wanna pre-order the album on the bleepstore lol, never do that usually but I'm craving for that high quality NTS mix haha.

I guess besides Vortrack the NTS mix is 100% exclusives that aren't on the album ?

and the Vicsynth track which I think is one of the best of the bunch