IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

At what point do Warp decide that the leak is hurting their sales?
Do they sit there looking at how many times something is seeded on torrent sites?

?

Good question. I’d like to think that the vast majority of people downloading the leak are people such as myself with enough of an interest in SP that they’ve already preordered the album you know? Who else would neurotically check the webs for updates/snippets/leaks what have you?

I don’t think a leak like this would hurt sales much. I imagine most downloading it are stuperfans that just can’t wait for the official release date lol.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Damn it. Couldn't resist. Did a sneak peak and delete.Terminal Slam is beast mode! Holy shit. Haven't heard anything that good in awhile. Dope album. Looking forward to it.

• Like 3

Actually cannot remember the last time I illegally downloaded something. Not taking the high moral ground here, I just can't remember when I last did it.  Years and years ago perhaps.  It's out in 2 weeks properly and there's loads of music I have actually already purchased that deserves a bit more of my attention until then.

• Like 4

I always wait, I also gently skim over the thread, identifying posts discussing the leak and totally ignore them.

Nothing worse than paying £20 for a record and then reading both positive and negative knee-jerk reactions on music weeks before you have listened to it. The whole concept is a buzz-kill imo and should be avoided at all costs. In fact usually I would totally ignore this thread from now until I get my vinyl.

But hey that's just my opinion.

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That 303 in Neverlevers ?

I prefer this track over Vortrack but both are awesome. Back in the days I used to enjoy Numbers Lucent EP, then I suddenly lost his track.

I saw him live in Sónar Barcelona 2015 and he wore a kind of nuclear suit while scattering a cascade of noisy tunes, was the most schizophrenic musical approach I have ever heard, I didn't get it as much as Autechre in the same festival (maybe because of the hype). But as good wine the memories of the live set aged pretty well, In addition the fact that I was high af didn't help to comprehend the whole set.

Good one Squarepusher!

Edited by Diurn

‘Be Up A Hello’ is out on 31 January. Order below and check your account to download exclusive new tracks, and a 24-bit WAV of Squarepusher’s recent WXAXRXP x NTS mix. More music will be added in the next few months. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, eye said:

Vortrack + Fracture popped up in my account, even though I didn't order the full package, so I'm assuming all preorders received it.

Ta! I accidentally bought only mp3's (although have been satisfied with them), since I thought I had put them to the bin as flac or whatever. I love the marketing strategy with this one. Not just some lame ass teasing and hinting, but instead giving us something tangible all the way from the beginning starting with the Vortrack single, added with a bonus track plus NTS mix and who knows what else will come pre and post release date. Makes the biting time less frustrating and maintains the interest for the final product. Haven't heard the leak, but really hope the album will fullfill my - now very high - expectations.

1 hour ago, eye said:

Vortrack + Fracture popped up in my account, even though I didn't order the full package, so I'm assuming all preorders received it.

no fracture remix track for me ?