IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

1 hour ago, bendish said:

Does he make through composed continuous midi based tracks or edit like hell? Curious

I think it's just MIDI. Which would be pretty impressive, a lot of the synth programming sounds like live instrumentation, plus all the stuttery 909 edits and similar things. It's a very dense record, took me a few listens to get a proper feel for it, but I'm really loving it. Sounds like a mix between Damogen and Big Loada.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caze said:

I think it's just MIDI. Which would be pretty impressive, a lot of the synth programming sounds like live instrumentation, plus all the stuttery 909 edits and similar things. It's a very dense record, took me a few listens to get a proper feel for it, but I'm really loving it. Sounds like a mix between Damogen and Big Loada.

Yea dense. Very instrumentation. Basically a musician and not someone editing the shit out of sounds. He's transcended and become mr free jazz idm. 

First two tracks are my favorite. Really nice emo chords. 

1 hour ago, donquixote said:

one of the later tracks has some wicked fractal granular 909 work out on it. like psychedelic trails or something,.  

On 1/13/2020 at 11:48 AM, Soloman Tump said:

His 909 is on every track on the record, except those without drums, but he still tried to squeeze out novel sounds: getting a liquid effect by using a midi process that sent dense streams of information to the instrument, closely packed triggers varying in velocity and frequency. “You get these big oceans of sound that pulsate. There are moments when the 909 becomes more like a synth.”

This sounds so fucking good aaaaaaaaa. Waiting til after marriage though :wub: two weeks

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, andrd said:

"it lands in the wake of what many perceive as his magnus opus: Damogen Furies"

....have never heard or read anyone say that, lol..

Edited by markedone
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

41 minutes ago, markedone said:

Why anyone would say "magnus opus" is beyond me.

Spoiler

It's "magnus opum", dammit!

1 hour ago, IDEM said:

Why anyone would say "magnus opus" is beyond me.

Hide contents

It's "magnus opum", dammit!

writers who construct needlessly confusing sentences like this below are the only people who say shit like 'magnum opus'

As Squarepusher, the UK artist, a product of Chelmford, Essex—a county in southeast England where Jenkinson was an in demand bassist before his obsession with acid house and hardcore began—signed to Warp in 1997, where he’s since been a staple.

also got the name of the organ album wrong. fuckin dingus writers :cisfor:

King shit really. Not a surprise that he says he had to do information "piece by piece" either since his level of musical detail will likely be studied for ages. Go Plastic is 19 years old and I still can't get my head around it. 

22 minutes ago, xxx said:

King shit really. Not a surprise that he says he had to do information "piece by piece" either since his level of musical detail will likely be studied for ages. Go Plastic is 19 years old and I still can't get my head around it. 

Go plastic is still my favorite era.

Edited by yekker

8 hours ago, markedone said:

Good interview though, in the sense that tom calls out the interviewers assertions when theyre a bit daft, but genuinely engages with the good questions, especially towards the end of it

Looked cringy to me. Those questions about the death of his friend...T was pretty clear he didnt like the interviewer to go there. But he kept on trying anyways.

Gave me the impression the interviewer was inexperienced. 

But it's indeed good read. Interesting because of how open it is in showing how both worked through the interview and in the end managed to get through that awkward spot. I imagine a younger T would have walked out of it.

Edited by goDel

11 hours ago, markedone said:

Bloody good album though! Had it on repeat for the last few days!!