1 hour ago, eye said:

Vortrack + Fracture popped up in my account, even though I didn't order the full package, so I'm assuming all preorders received it.

no fracture remix track for me 😞

I am really enjoying this.  The first few bars played and I had a strong feeling the next hour would be really great!  Its even a little bit, fun.

Detroit people mover into Vortrack is a great play. Wasn't so fussed on Vortrack but like how they play together. Light into dark. Schizophrenia vibes. Somehow well 90s.

• Like 1

Ssssssppppeeeeeeeddddd Ccccrrrrraaaaaaannnnnnnnkkkkkkkk!!

Does he make through composed continuous midi based tracks or edit like hell? Curious

The groove to Vortrack is still completely lost on me, but this album is making me quite happy.

1 hour ago, bendish said:

Does he make through composed continuous midi based tracks or edit like hell? Curious

I think it's just MIDI. Which would be pretty impressive, a lot of the synth programming sounds like live instrumentation, plus all the stuttery 909 edits and similar things. It's a very dense record, took me a few listens to get a proper feel for it, but I'm really loving it. Sounds like a mix between Damogen and Big Loada.

• Like 2

one of the later tracks has some wicked fractal granular 909 work out on it. like psychedelic trails or something,.  

1 hour ago, caze said:

I think it's just MIDI. Which would be pretty impressive, a lot of the synth programming sounds like live instrumentation, plus all the stuttery 909 edits and similar things. It's a very dense record, took me a few listens to get a proper feel for it, but I'm really loving it. Sounds like a mix between Damogen and Big Loada.

Yea dense. Very instrumentation. Basically a musician and not someone editing the shit out of sounds. He's transcended and become mr free jazz idm. 

First two tracks are my favorite. Really nice emo chords. 

1 hour ago, donquixote said:

one of the later tracks has some wicked fractal granular 909 work out on it. like psychedelic trails or something,.  

On 1/13/2020 at 11:48 AM, Soloman Tump said:

His 909 is on every track on the record, except those without drums, but he still tried to squeeze out novel sounds: getting a liquid effect by using a midi process that sent dense streams of information to the instrument, closely packed triggers varying in velocity and frequency. “You get these big oceans of sound that pulsate. There are moments when the 909 becomes more like a synth.”

This sounds so fucking good aaaaaaaaa. Waiting til after marriage though :wub: two weeks

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BoomTssPhace said:

This sounds so fucking good aaaaaaaaa. Waiting til after marriage though :wub: two weeks

Stay strong. You're a better man than me.

• Farnsworth 1

i was disappointed with damogen but this one seems pretty incredible to me

thumbs up

Good interview though, in the sense that tom calls out the interviewers assertions when theyre a bit daft, but genuinely engages with the good questions, especially towards the end of it

41 minutes ago, markedone said:

"it lands in the wake of what many perceive as his magnus opus: Damogen Furies"

....have never heard or read anyone say that, lol..

Why anyone would say "magnus opus" is beyond me.

Spoiler

It's "magnus opum", dammit!

1 hour ago, IDEM said:

Why anyone would say "magnus opus" is beyond me.

Hide contents

It's "magnus opum", dammit!

writers who construct needlessly confusing sentences like this below are the only people who say shit like 'magnum opus'

As Squarepusher, the UK artist, a product of Chelmford, Essex—a county in southeast England where Jenkinson was an in demand bassist before his obsession with acid house and hardcore began—signed to Warp in 1997, where he’s since been a staple.

also got the name of the organ album wrong. fuckin dingus writers :cisfor:

You mean Trojan magnum

• Burger 1

❤️

image.png

Edited by Extralife
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Extralife said:

❤️

image.png

A fucking good way to live if you ask me.

• Like 1

King shit really. Not a surprise that he says he had to do information "piece by piece" either since his level of musical detail will likely be studied for ages. Go Plastic is 19 years old and I still can't get my head around it. 

22 minutes ago, xxx said:

King shit really. Not a surprise that he says he had to do information "piece by piece" either since his level of musical detail will likely be studied for ages. Go Plastic is 19 years old and I still can't get my head around it. 

Go plastic is still my favorite era.

Edited by yekker

8 hours ago, markedone said:

"it lands in the wake of what many perceive as his magnus opus: Damogen Furies"

....have never heard or read anyone say that, lol..

I said it.