Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, markedone said:

Good interview though, in the sense that tom calls out the interviewers assertions when theyre a bit daft, but genuinely engages with the good questions, especially towards the end of it

Looked cringy to me. Those questions about the death of his friend...T was pretty clear he didnt like the interviewer to go there. But he kept on trying anyways.

Gave me the impression the interviewer was inexperienced. 

But it's indeed good read. Interesting because of how open it is in showing how both worked through the interview and in the end managed to get through that awkward spot. I imagine a younger T would have walked out of it.

Edited by goDel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, markedone said:

"it lands in the wake of what many perceive as his magnus opus: Damogen Furies"

....have never heard or read anyone say that, lol..

Bloody good album though! Had it on repeat for the last few days!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy to hear more about MC Twin Tub in those interviews... always wondered what the story was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Freak of the week said:

you mean hugh mughus...

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magnus the 'possum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve listened through a solid 15x or so. V nice 👍 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I’ve listened through a solid 15x or so. V nice 👍 

yeah me 2, this is so good and so goddamn brutalll!!! Never saw this one coming, perfect from start to finnish

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This album is quite good, so much so that it encourages a Sanders/Warren alliance just as the prophecy wills. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

This album is quite good, so much so that it encourages a Sanders/Warren alliance just as the prophecy wills. 

reported

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

reported

i agree star wars GIF by Red Giant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff. Scratching a certain "What do you mean you will never release a drill 'n bass album ever again, Richard?" itch...
"Oberlove" melody is gorgeous and tracks like "Speedcrank", "Terminal Slam" and "Mekrev Bass" blow the likes of Ruby My Dear, Steinvord, Heorge Garrison (provided Tom isn't involved with the last two himself of course...) out of the water. I mean, nothing but respect for those artists, especially for Ruby My Dear, but the mind bending editing in those tracks definitely got a "The King is back" vibe...! 

 

Edited by Disappearer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

slightly off topic, but i'm quite excited about the bleep store.. who knows what we could be getting down the line.. repressed vinyl, vinyl exclusives, digi exclusives, unreleased tracks, live sets, live vids, merchandise..

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, xyz888 said:

slightly off topic, but i'm quite excited about the bleep store.. who knows what we could be getting down the line.. repressed vinyl, vinyl exclusives, digi exclusives, unreleased tracks, live sets, live vids, merchandise..

also, what's up with https://www.vicacid.net?? it keeps updating :fear:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm absolutely fucking furious that someone posted a scallion as an image supposedly representing a leak. 

  • Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

also, what's up with https://www.vicacid.net?? it keeps updating :fear:

I'd wear these designs on a shirt, for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I'm enjoying this alboom - I'm gradually finding some criticisms. Of course. lol.

Is it just me or is it compressed AF?.... Just do a side by side comparison between a track or two from the album, alongside something ubiquitous; play it beside something like Syro, or Bon Jovi for all I care. 

There is something seriously off with the mixing/mastering on this. Disclaimer - I'm saying this as a massive SP fan, Phudo level fanboy even.

 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to temporarily chalk it up to having downloaded the scallion lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

As much as I'm enjoying this alboom - I'm gradually finding some criticisms. Of course. lol.

Is it just me or is it compressed AF?.... Just do a side by side comparison between a track or two from the album, alongside something ubiquitous; play it beside something like Syro, or Bon Jovi for all I care. 

There is something seriously off with the mixing/mastering on this. Disclaimer - I'm saying this as a massive SP fan, Phudo level fanboy even.

 

This is what I mean, it sounds awful compared to pretty much any music I usually listen to, including vs older squarepusher. 

Difficult to define, and it's been discussed over and over with ufab and damogen, but it's just overwhelmingly fatiguing and unpleasant to listen to for me.

I am really gutted, all the talk of returning to the old school and digging all his old kit out of the loft or whatever seems like pure marketing shite to me, it sounds IDENTICAL to the last two? Like tracks like the metallurgist or kwang bass could easily be on this album?

😞

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

listen to the sound of this album, then put on go plastic afterwards. can't believe it's the same pair of ears who did both.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha, it's got that old sound to my ears. Good to hear opposing perspectives. I haven't really enjoyed the majority of music he's put out recently  (even if there are sections of tunes I've enjoyed, the overall collection of tracks & sound hasn't quite connected with me) but I can also hear Damogen aspects to this & enjoy them more in this context.

I feel like I've sort of become accustomed to slightly weird sounding mastering on his releases. When I first heard his music it excited me but the levels sounded bizarre. I couldn't initially understand why it didn't seem to have the same impact as most other Jungle / Hardcore / Rave tracks, sort of as if it wasn't trying to be up in your face the whole time. Once I'd adjusted to how different it sounded the music made sense. I kind of feel like each album has a slightly different focus in terms of the mastering & it always takes a bit of getting used to. I agree that Damogen sounded too harsh to my ears but I don't find Be Up A Hello to be tiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

This is what I mean, it sounds awful compared to pretty much any music I usually listen to, including vs older squarepusher. 

Difficult to define, and it's been discussed over and over with ufab and damogen, but it's just overwhelmingly fatiguing and unpleasant to listen to for me.

I am really gutted, all the talk of returning to the old school and digging all his old kit out of the loft or whatever seems like pure marketing shite to me, it sounds IDENTICAL to the last two? Like tracks like the metallurgist or kwang bass could easily be on this album?

😞

sorry for my technical ignorance... But is what we’re hearing a result of something in the production process or is it post production? I guess what I’m asking is, how/why does it sound like that exactly?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone criticizing this album before it's even fucking out should be expelled from the party and/or executed.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right that makes a ton of sense. I’m sure my bleep 320kbps mp3s will be mixed and mastered much different than these 320kbps mp3s.

I should withhold any judgement until I hear the right 320kbps mp3s I know how much different they can be.

Ive listened through now 17 times I’m sure I’m allowed to discuss what I enjoy and don’t enjoy about it.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...