IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

3 hours ago, cloud capture said:

took my buddy into the city to do his taxes and when I got home this was waiting outside my door, a day early!  ?1072843695_beupahola-Copy.thumb.jpg.a138423e53bd2869e22687527fc3c7d3.jpg

Oh shit! You can leak it.

• Haha 3

First time my first listen of a new SP album will be on vinyl. Nice wee event. 

Sidebar Go Plastic sounds phenomenal on vinyl. 

As much as I joke it is sad it's same date as idiots are driving Britain off a cliff, especially after Midi Sans Frontieres.

Edited by Richie Sombrero

2 hours ago, auxien said:

it's not weirdcore, i wondered the same but the YT video description has the info: 

and a full list of people who worked on it are included...oddly there's a MIDI Data Designer mentioned, so maybe some of the track's MIDI events were used in the timing/etc in the video?

Would love to know more about this. 

Holy shit the Terminal Slam video is epic. The track itself feels kind of an answer to the way Richard processed drums on the Collapse EP.

Can't wait to discover the album in its entirety ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, auxien said:

oddly there's a MIDI Data Designer mentioned, so maybe some of the track's MIDI events were used in the timing/etc in the video?

I imagine that'd be exactly the case, to save 'hand' animating it like Alex Rutterford had to do for Ae's Gantz Graf and Amon Tobin's Verbal videos

10 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

As much as I joke it is sad it's same date as idiots are driving Britain off a cliff, especially after Midi Sans Frontieres.

Cheer up mate. Don't forget that we're also getting that new MNLTH tape release. Woot!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Looks like digitals are out! Well...official digitals, that is. A little bummed that the vinyl didn't show up today, but I think I have to cave and listen finally. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NI64 said:

Looks like digitals are out! Well...official digitals, that is. A little bummed that the vinyl didn't show up today, but I think I have to cave and listen finally. 

do eeeeet

listening now. the first2 tracks are really kind of sweet sounding.. melodically. playful and cheesey in a way but good.  it doesn't sound like scientology cocktail party music so i'm glad ?

it's very organized and structured . everything dovetails perfectly everywhere.  i like it. 

for a minute, speedcrank sounds like feed me weird things reworked, then goes  proper pusher acid core funk to the moon.

good fucking album. nice bunch of tracks. stoked for the show in april ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yekker said:

I went to see if my record store was getting the album and they had it but couldn't give it to me :cattears:

This happened to me as well, ha

Also the digitals are “in” my account, but not in the sense that I can download them, because they error out. Woe

Nine Squarepusher ballistic sonic warheads are prepared (downloaded onto my HD Walkman)

I have synchronised my watch and the countdown begins for launch (as soon as I hop on my bike to cycle to work)

Weather forecast reveals perfect conditions for all out sonic warfare (mild for time of year, average cloud cover, moderate breeze)

Let the countdown to braindance destruction begin!!!

?:braindance:

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 1

After FINALLY getting all LPs of Tom's done before this release tonight, I'm happy to be just in time for the hype train. Tom's had a pretty interesting discography throughout his career, and I quite enjoy his work! This new album is more of the same enjoyment for me, it's definitely a bit of a return to form, but still has a very playful style I feel his past two records have had (especially on the first four tracks), though I feel shit like Vortrack and Mekrev Bass make me reminiscent of his older drill and bass albums a lil bit. So basically, it's half playful, half dark. Detroit People Mover is a pretty ambient track which put his synths into play, and is probably my favorite track, but I felt all of the tracks are very consistent and very good! Feeling a 7/10 on it

Detroit People Mover: 8/10
80 Ondula: 6/10
Every other track: 7/10

3 hours ago, beer badger said:

Nine Squarepusher ballistic sonic warheads are prepared (downloaded onto my HD Walkman)

Mine too. Absolutely Sublime!!! 

But I'd have Detroit People Mover as the opener and possibly have Fracture remix next. 80 Ondula is an excellent closer to the album. Don't know where I'd place Oberlove and Hitsonu. Just not at the beginning. 

Anyway just my opinion ?

Nice one Tom!!! ?