Jump to content

Consul
 Share

Recommended Posts

For those going through the Squarepusher Blerp store: wasn't the fracture remix available? I distinctly remember thinking 'I'll just download it when the album comes out' but now it's not there? Please help me figure out if I'm losing my mind or not thx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, xxx said:

For those going through the Squarepusher Blerp store: wasn't the fracture remix available? I distinctly remember thinking 'I'll just download it when the album comes out' but now it's not there? Please help me figure out if I'm losing my mind or not thx

Yes that's right. You only get it if you purchased through Squarepusher store

Edited by Aural Unrest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Aural Unrest said:

You only get it if you purchased through Squarepusher store

Hmmm, I did. I got the VicSynth track and NTS mix but now Fracture is missing. I'll contact support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Aural Unrest said:

Yes that's right. You only get it if you purchased through Squarepusher store

Perhaps I misunderstand, but I've pre ordered through regular blerp store and can dl those as well. It just shows up in your personal account as separate downloads. Not part of the album. So check your downloads page and scroll a bit. Due to pre-orderering the order of the albums/downloads can be a bit ...euh . . surprising and unexpected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bit deflated on first listen.
All the pre release stuff I liked and the NTS mix was great, but that slight...naffness that's crept into his stuff since ultravisitor is still there on quite a few tracks, first 2 especially are pretty weak.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, tbh the novelty of Tom using his old machines again wares off pretty quick, imo. Perhaps needs more listens, but my first impression is there's only 2 or 3 tracks on there I want to revisit. The rest is just bleh. I'd rather have him dig up stuff in his archives like Richies soundcloud dump. The new stuff just feel like redundant echos from a better past.

Sorry dudes. I've disappointed the gods of idm. ?

And I really don't care! ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed the 8-bit WAV version in my account along with the 'proper' purchased version, though if I try to download it I get 'Download Failed. Please try again'

I'm guessing it's just the album downsampled to 8-bit ? And if that is indeed the case then ..... why ?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's the point of the 8-bit version (not sarcasm)? Is it lower or higher quality? I know they used to have 24-bit options on some releases for audiophiles, what's the difference in this case? kinda expecting crunchy old school computer game sounding versions...

Edited by elcid4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

I noticed the 8-bit WAV version in my account along with the 'proper' purchased version, though if I try to download it I get 'Download Failed. Please try again'

I'm guessing it's just the album downsampled to 8-bit ? And if that is indeed the case then ..... why ?!

Same for me. "Download failed". Sqwerpersher so far on this new release Friday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, elcid4 said:

What's the point of the 8-bit version (not sarcasm)? Is it lower or higher quality? I know they used to have 24-bit options on some releases for audiophiles, what's the difference in this case? kinda expecting crunchy old school computer game sounding versions...

Yeah that'll be exactly what it's be like - Crunchy, almost clipped sounding. Why it's a thing I've no idea - Guess the lofi-aesthetic of the artwork or album concept or something?

If they were going for the Vic aesthetic they should've gone the whole hog and gone down to 4 bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

Bit deflated on first listen.
All the pre release stuff I liked and the NTS mix was great, but that slight...naffness that's crept into his stuff since ultravisitor is still there on quite a few tracks, first 2 especially are pretty weak.

yes the cheese is strong with those two tracks , bad start, pretty gutted right now...

edit : ok speedcrank is the fucking bomb.

edit 2 : Mekrev Bass is pure madness.

Edited by d-a-m-o
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok, so we got : 2 tracks of pure cheese, 2 tracks of random ambient noodling and 5 goods tracks ( 3 of them were released before the album) and those 5 tracks sounds like ufabulum and damogen furies, I mean where is the "back to analog and hardware" ? I'm seriously disappointed right now, this is not the album I was expecting...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

5 goods tracks ( 3 of them were released before the album) and those 5 tracks sounds like ufabulum and damogen furies

Uh oh - How to I unpurchase a purchase ?

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh dear I hated the first two tracks!

Thankfully after that things started punching in the right direction and I started to breathe a sigh of relief. Phew!

I never spanked the singles, but both Nervelevers and Vortrack both really grew on me, so fingers-crossed the other tunes will do the same.

 

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Consul changed the title to Be Up A Hello [2020]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.