IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

50 minutes ago, perunamuussi said:

Holy shit. Oberlove is beautiful. Best sqp since just a souvenir. 

Yeah man, not to be a fag but I teared up when I first heard it. 

Just a souvenir is the one that’s Scientology cocktail party music. I think I’ve said that since day one of that record. At the time I had just learned that chick corea was a longtime member of that cult and the riffs and melodies reminded me of some chick corea stuff and my brain took a big shit in my brain’s mouth as I imagined Scientologists listening to it at a cocktail party.

I’m bored so you got the explanation for the comment.

I should probably give that album another shot now that so much time has passed.

1 hour ago, perunamuussi said:

I immediately made the Canon in D connection, but the second time I heard it I picked up on all of the other melodic bits and the third listen solidified for me that this is really good melody writing.

39 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Just a souvenir is the one that’s Scientology cocktail party music. I think I’ve said that since day one of that record. At the time I had just learned that chick corea was a longtime member of that cult and the riffs and melodies reminded me of some chick corea stuff and my brain took a big shit in my brain’s mouth as I imagined Scientologists listening to it at a cocktail party.

I’m bored so you got the explanation for the comment.

I should probably give that album another shot now that so much time has passed.

Just a Souvenir didn't strike me, but I absolutely love The Coathanger. I inadvertently ripped it off at one point.

10 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I immediately made the Canon in D connection, but the second time I heard it I picked up on all of the other melodic bits and the third listen solidified for me that this is really good melody writing.

Just a Souvenir didn't strike me, but I absolutely love The Coathanger. I inadvertently ripped it off at one point.

ultravisitor and hello everything were spotty for me but recently i've been more into them. there's some obvious mind blowing things on them but both took a while before they sounded cohesive or something.. probably just a matter of my changing tastes or something. 

i'll have to youtube just a souvenir and see how i feel about it after all this time.  there's a happy jazz thing that just turns me off anywhere i find it. it's gotta have some ween or zappa vibe mixed in for it to sit right w/me.. 

anyway.. rambling. new record is dope.. been listening to it all day at work w/only minor interruptions. on loop it's fucking great. 

• Like 1

Just came back from hearing him DJ in London, was killer. About 75% unreleased & unheard in recordings I know of. I think the man is sitting on a pile of unreleased wonder. Saw him at the bar after & tried to politely ask him to make more of this music available. Also Andy from Plaid played a really heavy set , not sure how much of it was his creations but I think most of it was probably his & totally unknown & sick. GREAT NIGHT.

Got to wonder how much magic these guys are sitting on that Warp doesn't put out...

Rough Trade DJ's were also seriously on point in the other room. Lot's of Warp bangers & wicked weirdness.

Edited by elcid4
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, elcid4 said:

Just came back from hearing him DJ in London, was killer. About 75% unreleased & unheard in recordings I know of. I think the man is sitting on a pile of unreleased wonder. Saw him at the bar after & tried to politely ask him to make more of this music available.

And? Didn't get an answer?

warp already publically confirmed adding more tracks the coming period

edit: feels like it's going to be another pommepusher episode. "Do you mind if...?" "NO!" ?

Edited by goDel

I tend to see this album as a collection of sub-ensembles.

Like Oberlove / Hitsonu could be an EP of its own, those are the tracks I listen to the most atm.

The sequence from Vortrack to Mekrev Bass could be another very brutal EP.

Everything fits well on the album but it offers multiple entry points, I love it.

• Like 3

Fully listened to it. The Meh in this is strong. I totally feel what people mean when they talk about lack of dynamic range or "no sense of space". Amd the rhythms and percussions feel like I have heard those for a thousand times now.

I wrote it elsewhere, in the bigger picture I see no progress, no innovation in this album. Which others still proved to have. Sean pls.
Last time he surprised me in a positive way was Steinbolt.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, yekker said:

Yeah man, not to be a fag but I teared up when I first heard it. 

Oberlove? I was rather like <Enter Tommy Lee Jones With A Newspaper Meme here>

Edited by Guest

Love: Oberlove, Hitsonu, Nervelevers, Speedcrank, Terminal Slam, Mekrev Bass

Like: Vortrack, Detroit People Mover, 80 Ondula

There are no tracks that I outright dislike on this album wich is great! Imo a big step up from Damo and Ufab

SP still killing it 

Only recorded a small snippet of last night & it's not the best representation of the gig in terms of tune style which was really broad & went through what seemed like most of his career but, whatever, it's all I've got. Really hope someone recorded the full thing & shares it... 

The DJ gig was insane, I hope the proper show matches up!

Squarepusher_-_Five_Miles.mp4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3