IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

Browsing through the latter part of this thread, kinda crazy to think on just how many (arguably) good albums he's put out. Go Plastic def 10/10 for me and like Braintree said DYKS for title track alone, tho also have special love for F-train too. Lots of nostalgia for those releases. Then I start thinking about other albums and I'm like, yeah, Ultravisitor has some killer tracks (Tetra Sync is fucking amazeballs . .. when it drops out of the "live" performance into the chopped beat? jaw drop moment first time I heard it; also love the the classical guitar tracks), oh wait can't forget about Bid Loada (ffs Come on My Selectaaaaaa is on there), then HND, music is rotted, even Selection 16 . . .

Anyway, guess what I'm saying is I'm grateful at the embarassment of riches that is the []< catalogue. Even recent releases I'm mostly come around to (took me several years w/ Damogen, but re listened to it recently and started to enjoy it for just a "fun" album). This one probably the most immediate and direct connection I've felt in a decade, which is exciting. . . Glad he's still putting music out. 

• Like 1

The bass on Oberlove is so lush, and the track is just all around sublime and full of joy.  Probably my favorite tj track since tetra sync or other stuff around that era.

Can anyone with synth knowledge identify which aspects of the track are coming from an Oberheim?

this album is great. the previous 2 albums seem like a step sideways before a step forward could happen. i do hope for some unreleased tracks dump at some point though.. like maybe some kind of open the vaults compilation to add to his retirement account or something. i'd buy in. 

btw this doesn't sound like computer to me. sounds like the QY for sequencing.. that tracker style of shuffling around lists of numbers. undeniable there's lot's of 101 and 303 on this.. even if it's sampled into the S6000 or whatever.. all that beat gymnastics sound so tight. transients all good etc. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Hey ... wait ... Oberlove sounds a *lot* better on vinyl than it does on Spotify ... quite good, in fact ...

Weird

because spotify is garbage

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

because spotify is garbage

Good music sounds good on garbage equipment.

People used to swoon to Wagner operas played on shellac records.

I most certainly didn’t swoon to Spotify Oberlove.

Spotify Terminal Slam, on the other hand, was quite ok. :shrug:

• Thanks 1