IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

3 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

I am not sure what to make of this album.

It sounds like drinking too much lucozade then walking along Blackpool sea front on a summer evening.

I obviously need to listen to it a few more times still.

Yeah based on that comparison I'd say this is definitely not good.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:54 PM, job said:

Ok I finally figured out where I that Oberlove melody was sounding so familiar from... the opening orchestral bit from "I Am The Walrus". Sounds pretty close to me.

If anything, Pachelbel's Canon

• Like 2

On 2/9/2020 at 9:28 AM, Aural Unrest said:

I always listen to the album like this:

Detroit People Mover

Vortrack - Fracture Remix

Nervelevers

Speekcrank

Vortrack 

Terminal Slam

Mekrev Bass 

80 Ondula

so you muck up the pacing and leave out the best tracks? :duckhunt:

Do you; but its interesting how i have the exact opposite impressions of this album.. i feel like my younger self would have got a kick out of tracks like speedcrank but honestly these days i skip it 90% of the time

Edited by markedone
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

I instantly thought "Canon" the first time I heard the track over the weekend.

Which then reminds me of Green Day's Basket Case.

lol

lolol never realized that. . . just googled and came up w/ this (someone just needs to add Oberlove to the mix and it'd be mashup of the century)

8 hours ago, perunamuussi said:

Yeah based on that comparison I'd say this is definitely not good.

Nah, you should definitely enjoy. Lots of throwbacks to HND and DYKS, as well as some of the good shit from Ultravisitor.

Vortrack, Terminal Slam, Mekrev Bass have some fantastic acid lines going through them. Like a reworking to some of his Venus No.17 era shit. Proper.

Yes it has some of the digital cleanliness from Ufabulum and Damogen Furies, but it's miles better than either of those two albums.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lucivalc said:

Still can't get over how good Speedcrank is. Seems like a lot of you favor Mekrev Bass over it, but to me it takes the the cake

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I think speedcrank is my fav off the album 

3 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Nah, you should definitely enjoy. Lots of throwbacks to HND and DYKS, as well as some of the good shit from Ultravisitor.

Vortrack, Terminal Slam, Mekrev Bass have some fantastic acid lines going through them. Like a reworking to some of his Venus No.17 era shit. Proper.

Yes it has some of the digital cleanliness from Ufabulum and Damogen Furies, but it's miles better than either of those two albums.

I  was only really commenting on the lucozade/blackpool combo. Not the album.

• Farnsworth 1

12 minutes ago, lucivalc said:

can't believe Tom/Warp didnt go balls out and make it the single. Would have made a hell of a statement and impression.

I think Vortrack was a good single though, it might be my second fav off the album actually. It's... different... Reminds me of go plastic era stuff. And it slaps quite nicely. The whole album is good loud but Vortrack in particular pounds.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

I think Vortrack was a good single though, it might be my second fav off the album actually. It's... different... Reminds me of go plastic era stuff. And it slaps quite nicely. The whole album is good loud but Vortrack in particular pounds.

Agreed - makes me feel like a cicada molting, shedding my exoskeleton, about to charge into the sky. 

Thats what you meant, right?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lucivalc said:

Still can't get over how good Speedcrank is. Seems like a lot of you favor Mekrev Bass over it, but to me it takes the the cake

I've had various sections of it running through my head ever since I bought the album.

Yeh this shit is miles better than DF or Ufa - its got that driving percussion and less of the digital screechy shite with gorgeous little anticipatory moments my brain is loving. The 2 ambient pieces are great and work well to bring down the energy.... the drums are much warmer than last albums as well..(except for "ecstatic shock"< totally underated track!)

• Like 4

I agree this one is miles better than the last two - it feels so good to crank it loud as well, which didn’t feel so great to do on the previous recent works - but sometimes when in the right mood Damogen did do something for me. It has some aspects of magic on it even if listening was often a struggle. But man, just heard Ufabulum again and it’s a even worse then I remembered (because I tried to make myself like or “get it” at the time.) The opener is pretty great for a few minutes, but then that EDM thing happens. I’m sure an uplifting chordal bright synth riff could work - I’ve heard it work - but for some reason it just sounded so cheap and cheesy and weak on this album. Surrounded by weirdly still-good rhythmic programming in places. I like bright synth fantasy wizard electronic dance music in principle but my ears couldn’t hack that album. Then again, it seems super popular - the opener alone has a mass of adoring comments. So evidently it worked at bringing a lot of fans in and works for many. 

But the new release is so much more solid sounding with top-notch control, madness, tension and release. 

Edited by Lianne
  • Like 4