IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

A thought:

I don't think the mastering is off on Squarepusher's latest albums but I think he is intentionally going for the in your face, aggressive, distorted mids. 

?

11 minutes ago, yekker said:

A thought:

I don't think the mastering is off on Squarepusher's latest albums but I think he is intentionally going for the in your face, aggressive, distorted mids. 

?

Some albums imo are just meant for big systems and high volume. His last three be up included, fall in that category. ?‍♂️

Huh? I don't agree with that at all. =/

Tons of albums that start to sound shit at mid to high volume for me, bass all sloppy and distorted, highs grating and ear splitting. Around -60db start to make your ears feel like they're bleeding type of thing.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Throw on something like BT's "This Binary Universe" which is p amazing at any volume. And then Nobukazu Takemura's "10th" which is a fantastic album at low volumes but the entire thing sounds like an amp shortage at high volume, constant ear destroying buzz for 67 minutes.... Certainly suffers played loud. =/

I don't ascribe to this concept I've seen in this thread that mixing/mastering is meaningless lol....

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Mastering is meaningless

Life is suffering 

RTR is not Steinvord 

I agree with the last two ?

ok yeah mastering is def not as important as mixing. Normalizing volume etc across tracks, as an album... not so important. 

Shit aesthetic then. Wasn't the whole artificial intelligence braindance thing specifically about making electronic dance music that you could dance to but was still interesting to listen to if you fancied chucking it on at home at a normal volume?

This is his third record that sounds like shit unless I turn it up loud enough for my wife to question her life choices.

New rx-101 has arrived so be up a hello is getting shelved till I'm next in the mood to listen to music where every single element of every track is the exact same volume from beginning to end.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, danshoebridge said:

I'm in the same boat - tried blasting it loud and it did improve, but by the time speedcrank was up the wife told me on no uncertain terms to turn that fucking racket off.

lol similar situation happened to me.  thus its been a headphone album for me..  my girlfriend is well into blasting aphex and most autechre but couldnt stand speedcrank

Edited by markedone