IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

14 hours ago, eye said:

Yeah, pretty keen. Would love to at least hear the tracks.

image.png

I think the interviewer was great. she knew more than most interviewers who usually interviews him, asked questions about basically his entire career, and most importantly: let him finish talking before asking the next question.

• Like 3

Was waiting for some car repairs today and listened to the interview. It was great! Tom is an incredibly intelligent and well spoken guy. I particularly enjoyed him laughing and referring to his music career as "a mess". Seems like he's always just following what interests him and never concerning himself with anyone's expectations. I have to respect that.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

this album is great. just keeps growing on me more and more.  i hear a lot of it in my head now and then. just pops up like a banger ear worm

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After a little break gave the album + all the bonus stuff (incl. Lamental EP) a listen and SP's '20's stuff has just gotten better with time. Speedcrank has some serious Taking Control vibes in it. The breaks and acid lines are so crunchy and phat it melts my mind. All those high-pitched compress noises which molested Ufabulum and most of DF have gone down the drain. Plus, the Warp 30 mix is the best thing happen to Drill'n Bass (or whatever you want to call it) for years. Old Don wipes the floor with all the new competition.

Edited by Uros
rephrasing...
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...