IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

that chord progression in the beginning of the album sounds like Pachelbel - Canon In D Major...

anyway the melodies on this song are delicious, i wish he'd let that that drum break run wild... he keeps smashing it after every bar... and it sounds like the cymbals/hihats are side-chained with the kick and snare way too much or something... i'd rather prefer if he didn't do that... drums don't breath?

that's one of my main concerns with ufabulum and damogen furies... the drums sound too squashed and there's almost no acoustic cymbals running in the back... he also uses a lot of synthesized drum hits which sound too harsh instead of samples from acoustic drum breaks... seems like he got rid of that style in this album which is a good thing...

Edited by Tim_J

No matter how good or bad the album is.

3:11 ff. in Terminal Slam is pure gold. What is it btw., 1/64 or 1/128 kicks? Seem recorded and then put in a sampler to play those in key. I should try it myself.

Edited by Guest

i like every song on the album

i went through an evolution with the track vortrack. when it was the pre-release single, i liked it, but thought it was a mellow track and not a beast. then one day i was sitting on a stone shrine in the woods and listening and realized that vortrack is pretty insane.

Edited by very honest

35 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Weird album. I used to hate it, then I learned to quite love it, now I don't care for it. Odd.

Hah! How weird. It's been a hard week at work and for some fucking bizarre reason I thought we were talking about Hello Everything, but now I realise we are chatting about his new album.

I think I need a goodnights sleep....

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 2

nervelevers, vortrack (both mixes), terminal slam - are the standout jams to me.. but i like it all.  i get the first two tracks stuck in my head all the time.  at first i thought they were super  sugary cheese but after a couple listens just adored them. 

he does a lot of interesting little acid squiggles on this record.. accents to other acid lines that sometimes seem to play a part in making the percussive stuff fit together. i guess that's kinda been his thing for a while but it feels different on this record because it's so clean sounding or something.  

i like the mixing on this record a lot compared to his previous 2 records. 

• Like 3

On 8/14/2020 at 7:27 AM, ignatius said:

nervelevers, vortrack (both mixes), terminal slam - are the standout jams to me.. but i like it all.  i get the first two tracks stuck in my head all the time.  at first i thought they were super  sugary cheese but after a couple listens just adored them. 

he does a lot of interesting little acid squiggles on this record.. accents to other acid lines that sometimes seem to play a part in making the percussive stuff fit together. i guess that's kinda been his thing for a while but it feels different on this record because it's so clean sounding or something.  

i like the mixing on this record a lot compared to his previous 2 records. 

Very well said!