IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

• 4 weeks later...

Lol I'm seriously perplexed as to how this album isn't getting more chatter. Album fucking pounds, well composed, etc. This is the SP album most of us have been waiting for for a decade or two... =/ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Lol I'm seriously perplexed as to how this album isn't getting more chatter. Album fucking pounds, well composed, etc. This is the SP album most of us have been waiting for for a decade or two... =/ 

Damogen is much much better. This album flows really badly also. I place it just above Ufabulum but not as good as other second tier albums such as Hello Everything. 

Lamental is better and flows better.

2 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Agreed. In my humble opinion this was a major step up from the Ufabulum/ Damogen sound. I return to this one WAY more that the two that went before.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, thumbass said:

Agreed. In my humble opinion this was a major step up from the Ufabulum/ Damogen sound. I return to this one WAY more that the two that went before.

Be Up A Hello is so much better to my ears, Ufabulum & Damogen  are really harsh sounding in comparison, the molodies & structures don't do it for me. Lamental is also excellent, great to have some slower tracks & a smidge of melancholy.

• Like 2

be up a hello is amaze, better than anything since ultravisitor, imo.  considering the autechre threads fill with mostly pointless chatter, i wouldnt take the page count to represent the enthusiasm level necessarily

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2020 at 9:56 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Absent or...? I'm hearing them in a few tracks, Mekrev bass, terminal slam etc. 

Oberlon is in G major, the basic chord progression being G, D, Em, B, C, Em, Am and then back to G.  Pretty sure Hitsonu is in D major.

Mekrev Bass is in C# minor.

I need to listen to the album some more, my initial impressions were that it was solid squarepusher but those first two really major-sounding tracks throw me off a bit.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i love this record and totally bonded with it after a couple listens. and it keeps growing on me.. finding new things to like about it or ear candy or whatever.. 

Totally agree, every couple times I listen I find new little things ?

50 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

Oberlon is in G major, the basic chord progression being G, D, Em, B, C, Em, Am and then back to G.  Pretty sure Hitsonu is in D major.

Mekrev Bass is in C# minor.

I need to listen to the album some more, my initial impressions were that it was solid squarepusher but those first two really major-sounding tracks throw me off a bit.

Thanks - I think I didn’t properly understand major chords then. Hope you end up enjoying it after repeat listens!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Every time I revisit this album it sounds so much better. @very honestaging like a fine cheese, wine, or perhaps whiskey indeed.

I prob sound like a broken record but honestly this is his best album in ages. 

Every track on here imo (other than hitsonu... I’m sorry I just don’t get it...) is classic pusher’ the likes I haven’t heard since hello everything...

7 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I'm confused (and can't be arsed to read the thread) - was there a 2020 reissue of this album?

The album just came out this year. Do you mean a second pressing or something?

Just now, Hugh Mughnus said:

The album just came out this year. Do you mean a second pressing or something?

D'oh... I just realized I am confusing this with Hello Everything. Damn Tom and his silly album names! :dadjoke:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

12 hours ago, Joyrex said:

D'oh... I just realized I am confusing this with Hello Everything. Damn Tom and his silly album names! :dadjoke:

Read the rules. 

Then the thread.

Then listen to the album, it's great!