IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2020 at 9:36 AM, Candiru said:

Squarepusher has always been known for his gender non-binary polyamorous pansexual melodies. But I think it fully took over with Just A Souvenir. Something a little hokey got into him around then. 

i think this is the most confusing watmm post of all time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dude, same. I was thinking that as well. I also was looking back at some albums like damogen furies and realizing in retrospect how good they are. Really excited to hear whatever is next.

• Burger 1

10 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

I also was looking back at some albums like damogen furies and realizing in retrospect how good they are.

oh same!!!!! i relistened to it this summer and it clicked more than it ever did. i now consider it to be one of sp's most heavily underrated albums (along with just a souvenir and d'demonstrator). 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Richie Sombrero said:

Damogen top 3 for me with Ultravisitor and FMWT.

Imagine If he releases an album with all his unreleased stuff.. that shit would go straight to the top! 

• Like 3

Must check out Damogen again... kinda forget it existed tbh but i did LOVE it live @DayForNight

. My kids 2 girls 10/12 have discovered all his lush meolodic stuff like "Theme from Ernest..", Welcome to Europe, Port Rhombus, beep street.. they love DYKS and "You belong" too.

Im saving Go Plastic for when their brains develop more :p... but maybe they'll discover that themselves

• Like 3

On 9/14/2023 at 1:52 AM, Richie Sombrero said:

Damogen top 3 for me with Ultravisitor and FMWT.

bold statement, but I respect it!

The original topic on this album got closed. Do I remember correctly that some longer threads got closed after a forum upgrade?

6 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Is it even live?

not really. in an interview the journo asked him about editing in the audience sounds and his banter and he said something about playing w/the idea of what's live and what isn't.. or something like that.. i read that interview a long time ago.. but think some of the tracks might be from gigs.. you should track down the interviews from that era to know for sure

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Ultravisitor is my fav album i think, i think it's the best live album ever made.

Is it even live?

First Squarepusher I bought on release, with the mini poster, the mini CD, and the ultravisitor ep (that I've lost many moons ago, sadly).

Only release of him that I don't like is Ufababoon , I HATE everything about this album, from the artwork to the stupid robot mask ( there's maybe one or two good tracks on it tho)

oh, and that Z machine album, but let's say it's not a real Pusher album.

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 2

thought damogen were his max system

2 hours ago, aderei said:

His reaktor machine albums damogen and ufaba whatever defo have a brittleness that takes time to get used to

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/10/2023 at 10:56 AM, phudoshin said:

I dunno guys - Im feeling a release very soon...... we need some next level Vic Acid jungle ....yesterday!

bingo

• Like 7

On 9/16/2023 at 10:41 AM, d-a-m-o said:

First Squarepusher I bought on release, with the mini poster, the mini CD, and the ultravisitor ep (that I've lost many moons ago, sadly).

Only release of him that I don't like is Ufababoon , I HATE everything about this album, from the artwork to the stupid robot mask ( there's maybe one or two good tracks on it tho)

oh, and that Z machine album, but let's say it's not a real Pusher album.

Go Plastic was mine, but yeah Ultravisitor was the first where I was rabidly waiting for it to come out

lol, Ufab is my fave of the 'meh era' squarepusher. I recognise that the sound is completely fucked up somehow, but that doesn't put me off. And I like it as a cohesive album. Which Damogen isn't. Be Up a Hello might be one but christ that album just slides off my brain every time I listen to it.

• Like 1