18 minutes ago, andrd said:

At least it's only $6 extra if you buy it as a bundle with the album.

ah nice. didn't notice that.  thanks for the heads up. not sure i'll get it but maybe

edit- actually from bleep the shipping is like 13 so it ends up being the same as if i buy the single separate at amazon for 15 so im prob gonna pass on that

Edited by MisterE

the new tracks certainly sold me...take my money

28 minutes ago, MisterE said:

ah nice. didn't notice that.  thanks for the heads up. not sure i'll get it but maybe

edit- actually from bleep the shipping is like 13 so it ends up being the same as if i buy the single separate at amazon for 15 so im prob gonna pass on that

I ordered from squarepusher.net (don't think bleep has the bundle or they didn't when it was released this morning).  Shipping was $8.80ish to the US. The vinyl is also cheaper on sp.net vs the bleep price. (the cd is the opposite though for some reason)

edit- I see bleep has the bundle now, too.  It's still cheaper at sp.net, I'm guessing bleep is charging for separate shipping (one from US, one from UK) so it's doubling it. I think if you order from sp's site you will get bonus tracks added to your account too, so definitely buy it from there.

Edited by andrd

^ yes the bonus tracks, that's a hooj selling point on getting them from sp.net

If we even get a few outtakes or alternate tracks for free, totally worth it (for me at least!)

Edited by StephenG

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really liked his last LP. I just gave it another listen and enjoyed it thoroughly,. 

• Like 2

my main problem with damogen was that even unlike ufabulum (which it was definitely a progression of), it seemed to lack dynamics, in both composition and intensity. the tracks just seemed like a constant assault of LOUD stuff happening (long intense  jams), usually without buildups or progressions. been a while since i've listened tho

• Like 1

Fracture RMX has to just be a fancy name, don't think it's by Fracture... bit confusing

33 minutes ago, ____-_-____ said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really liked his last LP. I just gave it another listen and enjoyed it thoroughly,. 

I love Damogen Furies

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vortrack is so good, every time I turn it up it gets better

50 minutes ago, Solo Strike said:

Fracture RMX has to just be a fancy name, don't think it's by Fracture... bit confusing

You're right actually, I didn't realize it but the YouTube description says "Squarepusher’s own 'Fracture' remix".

Lol that is confusing as fuck.

Yeah i didn't hate DF, especially if you listen in the vinyl order with D Frozent Aac first (why did they do that by the way, have the order reversed on CD vs digital?).

There were some really neat moments on DF, but overall it was plagued by some of the issues as outlined above (sound design, fatiguing compression, lack of dynamics in terms of sound and structure), but i did see it as a move in the right direction from the 2008-2012 material.

I agree with the comments above that this new track does seem to have that same effect with the mix ducking around the hat which really stuck out to me - but everything else about the track rocked and i have a cautious optimism i haven't had in years

• Like 1

Excited for this, but damn those tour prices are steep. Playing the same venue as Seefeel did but tickets are $20 more expensive... might be a pass. 

never mind. 

Edited by yekker

That Fracture mix is where it’s at.

• Like 1

Hopefully the rest of the album is mastered similarly. I don't care too much about compression but there are parts of ufab and especially damogen that caused uber ear fatigue really quick, I'm not hearing that with Vortrak and the remix. 

And was there any imaging really in ufababoon and damogen? Or was that all lost in how loud it was? I'm hearing all kinds of things flitting all over in Vortrak by comparison.

sweet, new steinvord

tom is my biological father

Would love to see an episode of Maury with Tom & Rich.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, baph said:

sweet, new steinvord

tom is my biological father

tom fucked my dad at DFN and thats how i was born

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, NI64 said:

Would love to see an episode of Maury with Tom & Rich.

"YOU ARE THE FUCKING DADDY!"

• Haha 1

What's the going on with being able to buy these tracks in 8bit? Are we getting some Patskin style, crusty Amiga 8bit versions too?

This music is real good. Jus sayin'

fuck it do I spoil myself with these tracks before starting his discography

• Burger 1