IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

BUY: SQUAREPUSHER.NET (VINYL / CD / DIGITAL)

617CDupEIuL._SL1400_.thumb.jpg.9911364d1817e21c51b6ce1fda6686f5.jpg

After a 5 year hiatus that has seen him delve into a range of diverse musical projects, Squarepusher will return with new album, Be Up A Hello. After exciting fans with his hour long mix of brain-melting breakbeat and jungle for Warp's 30th anniversary NTS takeover in June, expectation has been bubbling away for official new material. The album sees Tom Jenkinson getting back to using analogue hardware, the same equipment that first helped him develop his sound in the early '90's to craft nine new pieces which chart a journey into harder and darker territory. From rinsing breakbeat tracks such as Nervelevers and Terminal Slam to darker moments such as Vortrack and Mekrev Bass, the album illustrates Tom's continuing fascination with finely balanced psychological overload. As such, 'Be Up A Hello' gives a nod to the mayhem, joyousness and abandon of the DIY Essex rave scene that was a strong determinant in Tom's work.

Tracklist:

1. Oberlove
  2. Hitsonu
  3. Nervelevers
  4. Speedcrank
  5. Detroit People Mover
  6. Vortrack
  7. Terminal Slam
  8. Mekrev Bass
  9. 80 Ondula

Edited by Consul
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1

• Joyrex changed the title to New Squarepusher LP - Be Up A Hello
32 minutes ago, Consul said:

The album sees Tom Jenkinson getting back to using analogue hardware, the same equipment that first helped him develop his sound in the early '90's to craft nine new pieces which chart a journey into harder and darker territory. From rinsing breakbeat tracks such as Nervelevers and Terminal Slam to darker moments such as Vortrack and Mekrev Bass, the album illustrates Tom's continuing fascination with finely balanced psychological overload. As such, 'Be Up A Hello' gives a nod to the mayhem, joyousness and abandon of the DIY Essex rave scene that was a strong determinant in Tom's work.

So it's gonna be a 9 track LP, and so far we know of these tracks:

1. Vortrack
  2. Mekrev Bass
  3. Nervelevers
  4. Terminal Slam
  5. Be Up A Hello (possible as a track on the LP as well as the LP's name)
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. ???
  9. ???

34 minutes ago, Consul said:

The album sees Tom Jenkinson getting back to using analogue hardware, the same equipment that first helped him develop his sound in the early '90's to craft nine new pieces which chart a journey into harder and darker territory.

Hello! A Be Up! ;D

20 minutes ago, xxx said:

"be up a hello, she's my baaaby

be up a hello, I don't mean maybe"

Kind of where my brain went too.  Wop-bamma-loo-bop, more specifically.  This album will be Tom's Wop-bamma-loo-bop.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

5 minutes ago, thumbass said:

hotDAMN THIS IS GREAT NEWS! the fking daddy is finally back after two lukewarm albums

according to some in the 'will tom ever' thread, hello everything was the last great one (some days i would count myself in this group, but ufab ive grown fond of) so maybe hello in the title is a sign..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, markedone said:

according to some in the 'will tom ever' thread, hello everything was the last great one (some days i would count myself in this group, but ufab ive grown fond of) so maybe hello in the title is a sign..

Why no love for Damogen??? I love that album start to finish. Ufabululum...not so much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Extralife said:
50 minutes ago, markedone said:

Why no love for Damogen??? I love that album start to finish. Ufabululum...not so much.

kinda same here actually although there are a couple of tracks on damogen that I often skip

also sometimes I'm in the mood for ufabulum def doesn't get played that often tho