IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

Some more info from the warp email, mentions some stuff he used:

Ahead of the album, a double A-side ‘Vortrack’ 12" will be released on 6 December, featuring the album track and Squarepusher’s Fracture Remix - first dropped during his brain-melting breakbeat and jungle set for the WXAXRXP x NTS takeover in June. Both tracks are available to hear now below.

‘Be Up A Hello’ sees Tom Jenkinson (Squarepusher) return to using a bewildering array of vintage analogue and digital hardware, the same equipment that first helped him develop his sound in the early '90s. Something of a 180 degree turn, these synths, effects units and even a Commodore Vic20 are in complete contrast to the tools he used to create 2015’s ‘Damogen Furies’ - cutting edge software that Tom developed over the course of 15 years.

The result is an album celebratory with rinsing breakbeat floor fillers, as well pieces loaded with visceral atmosphere and melody in Squarepusher’s inimitable style, and darker moments that illustrate Tom's continuing fascination with finely balanced psychological overload. As such, ‘Be Up A Hello’ gives a nod to the mayhem, joyousness and abandon of the DIY Essex rave scene that was a strong determinant in Tom's work.

4 minutes ago, Stock said:

Vortrack is lit, sounds like a twisted Venus no 17

The remix made me think of Venus right away.

Listening to the original now, and I've definitely lost the one.  3:40 in, and I have no idea where the groove lies.  Oh, it's finally emerging to my brain... kind of.  Nope.  This will be one that reveals itself several listens in.  My brain definitely did not interpret that beat correctly.

ufabulum and hello everything were both tits. not so much damogen, imo. looking forward to this

too bad i can't listen to the trax on youtube as my internet seems really fucky for the past few weeks

dammit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MisterE said:

lovin how the vortrack vinyl is $15 for one track that's not also on the album

At least it's only $6 extra if you buy it as a bundle with the album.

18 minutes ago, andrd said:

At least it's only $6 extra if you buy it as a bundle with the album.

ah nice. didn't notice that.  thanks for the heads up. not sure i'll get it but maybe

edit- actually from bleep the shipping is like 13 so it ends up being the same as if i buy the single separate at amazon for 15 so im prob gonna pass on that

Edited by MisterE